Am I Wasting My Time With Finasteride?

Marcoco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a receding hairline aged 20 stsrted around a year ago and have progressed maybe to an NW1.5 with vellus hairs still visible, just passed the 3 month mark on finasteride but wondering if i should just go straight onto dutasteride as it is a lot more effective or wait out the year, hope my hairline holds/ improves or risk losing more ground. Please help me out guys.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stick with finasteride . These drugs are no joke and can have real consequences. The sides of finasteride can be bad enough let alone dutasteride.

Take finasteride for 12-18 months then reevaluate . Ideally take pics .

Marcoco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stick with finasteride . These drugs are no joke and can have real consequences. The sides of finasteride can be bad enough let alone dutasteride.

Take finasteride for 12-18 months then reevaluate . Ideally take pics .
Thanks for the reply, if you look down the anti-androgen forums from yesterday i have posted a 3 with my 3 months of progress take a look if you like, i haven’t experienced any sides at all really from it so i’ll deffo give it the year then and see where im at thanks for the reply

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At your age and you're only a Norwood 1.5 I think you should stick with finasteride.

I was a 1.5 at around 21, today I'm 44 years old and a 3 vertex. It could take you decades to have noticable loss. If you aren't thinning you're probably going to be fine for a long while.

Last edited:

Marcoco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At your age and you're only a Norwood 1.5 I think you should stick with finasteride.

I was a 1.5 at around 21, today I'm 44 years old and a 3 vertex. It could take you decades to have noticable loss. If you aren't thinning you're probably going to be fine for a long while.
Thanks for your reply, in the last month or soi do feel like it may have worsened slightly but this may just he hairs that were already damaged prior to starting treatment, what degree of balding would u say you where before starting finasteride and how long ago did u begin use? In this time would u say u have maintained or improved?
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, in the last month or soi do feel like it may have worsened slightly but this may just he hairs that were already damaged prior to starting treatment, what degree of balding would u say you where before starting finasteride and how long ago did u begin use? In this time would u say u have maintained or improved?
Any advice greatly appreciated.

I'm 44 and I'm about a 3 vertex. I started using a cheap generic a month ago, I start name brand Propecia tomorrow.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Just as a note, it took 1.5 years for me and it finally really kicked in (thickened hair). Unfortunately the sides also kicked in to a level I could no longer handle, so I quit finasteride...

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just as a note, it took 1.5 years for me and it finally really kicked in (thickened hair). Unfortunately the sides also kicked in to a level I could no longer handle, so I quit finasteride...

Were you still losing hair for a year and a half?

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
Not likely the sides you claim popped up 1.5 years later! What are they? Have you had bloodwork done? I call bullshit

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

How quickly did the sides go away ?

Marcoco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did u see thinkening in the temple region as this is where i am only loosing hair, i feel it may be to close to my original hairline to recover due to high sensitivity in this area.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Did u see thinkening in the temple region as this is where i am only loosing hair, i feel it may be to close to my original hairline to recover due to high sensitivity in this area.
Crown thinning only. So hairline is 100%