Am I too late to start?

aphrodeity

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been reading these forums for a while now and finally got round to joining up. A few years ago I got a couple of comments like "you're going bald!" duh.. :( I've been in denial for a while now but have finally got myself to realizing that I have lost a considerable amount of hair etc.

It wasn't till the other day that I took some pictures and what I discovered is that it is even a lot worse than what I was seeing in the mirror. I'm 24 this month and like everyone else on these forums my hair is a big big part of my identity and gives me confidence etc.

I'm just wondering a couple of things - firstly, is it too late to start trying to maintain/grow back hair? Secondly, what are my chances? I have the phone number of a British GP who I could get some proscar off but haven't got round to giving him a call yet...

Another thing I wondered is, what is the big 3? I'm going to attach a couple of pictures of what's left of my hair so hopefully you kind and more knowledgeable people can give me some pointers/advice - any of that would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• hair1.jpg
    hair1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 959
  • hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 936
  • hair3.jpg
    hair3.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 944

s.a.f

Reaction score
Too late ? :roll:
You've only lost a little amount you still have most of your hair left. If you can maintain that hair you still have with meds (Dr Ashcroft I presume?) Then imagine how much better it would be if you still had all that hair in 5/10/15 yrs time as oppsed to being bald.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
The younger you are and the earlier you attack your hairloss - the better your chances to stop any further loss and the better chance you have of recovering some of your loss. (terribly worded sentence - but hopefully you get my drift).

No - not to late for you.

The Big 3 are: propecia (finasteride), minoxidil (rogaine) and Nizoral 2% shampoo.

Best of luck.