Am I Thinning Or Is It In My Head? If So What Do I Do?

Corey

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, I recently say a photograph of myself when I was about 21 and it seemed like my forehead was smaller (receding hairline but not by much) then I looked at the sides of my head and it seems like they are thinning
I am 32 currently.

I wanted a second opinion.

If they are, what should I do!?

The top of my head is thick, my Dad went bald but my mom is full Italian and has a thick full head of hair.

All of my brother's have their hair as well and they are older.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_5566.jpg
    IMG_5566.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_5574.jpg
    IMG_5574.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_5575.jpg
    IMG_5575.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_5581.jpg
    IMG_5581.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 189

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would swim across the pacific ocean with Ellen Degeneres queef as my only air supply to have half the hair that you do at 30 years old.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You look like you're experiencing diffuse thinning on your crown, maybe diffuse thinning everywhere (can't tell other regions from pictures alone). I'd recommend getting on finasteride to keep your remaining hair. Add in minoxidil a year later if you're not satisfied from the regrowth from finasteride. I'd also recommend using Nizoral or another ketoconazole-based shampoo a few times a week.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think you're loosing your hair bro. Just see a dermatologist or hairloss expert

Look at his crown pic. The scalp is clearly visible. Not badly, but clearly visible and the hair there is noticeably thinner compared to the back of the head.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well its really hard to tell because he has short hair

Even if you have short hair, your hair density should be the same everywhere. That means your scalp shouldn't show more in any specific region of the head. If he had a buzz cut all over, I might be hesistant. But he clearly doesn't.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if you have short hair, your hair density should be the same everywhere. That means your scalp shouldn't show more in any specific region of the head. If he had a buzz cut all over, I might be hesistant. But he clearly doesn't.

He is 32 though, if he was 22 it might be concerning but right now I think he is just showing normal male hairloss with age.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He is 32 though, if he was 22 it might be concerning but right now I think he is just showing normal male hairloss with age.

No amount of hair loss is "normal" at any age. The only exception may be a "mature hairline" that develops in the late teens to early twenties where the temples show some small recession while hair density is preserved everywhere. Hair follicles decreasing in diameter all over the scalp, including the sides and the back, is known as senile alopecia and occurs in probably about every male with age. His fair follicles are clearly thicker and more dense on the back of his scalp compared to his crown region. His crown thinning isn't that bad, but it's clearly there. He may not lose his hair super aggressively, but he is clearly losing his hair. Thus, he should take action and get on finasteride to stop any (or at least significantly slow) his hair loss.

Corey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you guys for all the replies. I am really not concerned with the top of my head hair, it seems pretty thick. The side near the ears seems like it is not what it used to be. I wounder if this is from getting a "taper" haircut all of those year, even with my last haircut. I am going to let it grow out for a month or two and see what it looks like.