Am I the only greaser

greaser9

Reaction score
I'm a greaser as long as I have hair. I've been greasing my hair since my college days in '85. It tears me apart that it is becoming more difficult to get the style I once had since loosing hair. I still grease up, but the day will come when I know I won't be able to pull it off anymore. I've even been exploring letting it grow long. If I can't grease it, then maybe I'll have one last horrah with a fun style before the hairloss progresses so far that I might as well shave it into a high and tight.

I have to stay away from using Murrays anymore, cause it just is so tough that I loose hair in th combing. So, I've been rockin it with Sauvecito waterbase pomade as a base, and then using Royal Crown Pomade and Brylcreem as a topper. Works pretty good, and fortunately have enough hair to still pull it off - for now. I don't even try to get the razor sharp side part with my pomp anymore, settling for a semi-parted pomp these days. The bald spot I do have can usually be masked pretty well, but I know it's there and it bothers me that it is.

My philosophy is to stay greasey as long as I have hair to grease that does not look rediculous.

Stay greasey man!

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have shoulder-length hair, so I guess I'm more of a beatnik. Can we still get along? Peace man!