Am I the only greaser

misterium

Reaction score
On this site ?

G

When you say Greaser, do you mean someone who licks someones butt to get on, or do you mean that you have really greasy hair, or are you the Fonz?

misterium

Reaction score
a greaser..

somebody who wears their hair slicked back and/or in other old school styles .. using pomade mostly.

someone who tends to dig the older styles from the 50's / 60's mostly..

kinda like the Fonz, just not as television.

:D

misterium

Reaction score
Hmm.. no nobody here is into the rockabilly sound/style ?

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think that the majority of us want to slick back our hair to expose our receeded hairline along with pomade clumping hair together and making it look even thinner along with the hassle of applying topicals while using pomade. If you can slick your hair back then congrats.

misterium

Reaction score
sh*t, I didn't think of that.

Well I'm getting to a point where the vertex thinning is more noticable.

I may just shave this sh*t off #2 or #1.

Dimebolt3000

Reaction score
Im thinkin the same thing lately "Iwantmyhair".....Just shave the damn thing and forget about the receding, thinning, whatever's going on. Shave our heads till a good treatment comes out. Sick of this FDA approved BS and other gimmicks! lol

Anyways, keep you confidence forever!

misterium

Reaction score
no doubt man, you too

however, i'm into month 5 on propecia and i don't intend to stop.. i believe it's going to work well for me ;)

misterium

Reaction score
Seriously, do any of you go for slicked-back greaser hairstyles and perhaps use Vitalis, Brylcreem or Murray's pomade (or other brands) to style your hair?

I'm growing mine out again and I do enjoy the 1950's/60's greaser styles... it's just my thing as I'm into rock 'n' roll, rockabilly, punk and psychobilly music, and that's part of my image as it were.

I wonder if these products are 'bad' for your scalp.. or cause complications with treatments. I know pomade doesn't wash out for me for like a few washes/days... it's kinda a pain in the *** but it keeps the hair super conditioned at least, and easy to comb back at any time.

Any other greasers on here?

sneakyp

Reaction score
i wouldnt consider myslef a greaser but i like the 50's style and some psycho/rockabilly, like tiger army the quakes, and the stray cats.

misterium

Reaction score
Hell yeah man, good stuff.

Check out some Mad Sin, Demented Are Go, Guana Batz, or Los Gatos Locos...

Social Distortion is one of my favorite bands ever, also the Cramps.

sneakyp

Reaction score
f*** yeah social d is the sh*t i saw em with tiger army last dec. i listend to mad sin but didnt like em much didnt like nekromatrix either but i check out those other ones,

ever hear of 3 blue teardrops?

misterium

Reaction score
Right on.

Never heard of 3 blue teardrops.

misterium

Reaction score
Dunno, wish I could grow one though lol

luckyjackson

Reaction score
I guess I'd consider myself somewhat of a greaser. I use Royal Crown Pomade and play in a rockabilly band.

misterium

Reaction score
hahah i forgot about this thread.

well i'm no longer a hairstyle greaser hahah because i keep my head shaved now with a #1 attachment.

maybe someday i'll be able to grow it again but it's a bit thin currently so i keep it short.

c'mon minoxidil do me some wonders!

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Misterium!!

Bad to hear things are not going too well for you!!!

Isn´t your crown holding??

Btw, I do like a lot as well the Cramps and the Stray Cats. Total fun for my ears.

Don´t dig the looks for me, but nice anyway!!