Am I Suffering From Post-finasteride Syndrome

Greekgodzeus25

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just for self-satisfaction, and the tension that I might be suffering from post finasteride syndrome.

I have been using

Minoxidil 5% Topical Finasteride 0.1% 2 Months
ketoconazole 2% shampoo 2 Months
Saw palmetto from the past 3 months

My Symptoms

Morning wood is fine
Get spontaneous erections
Semen volume is fine and thick
No Penile shrinkage and numbness
No Gynecomastia
Get Excellent Sleep / No insomnia
I Get Night Fall also

The only Symptom

I don't get an erection during masturbation

I have got tested from several doctors who have observed my penis and done all the tests they say no signs of erectile dysfunction.

Opinions would be appreciated.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, considering that you have a variety of symptoms that you don't have and considering that you have almost everything working fine that many finasteride users don't have, including the morning wood and spontaneous erections, i would bet it's psychosomatic. Take a brake from masturbation and give your mind a rest, start exercising more and get out into the nature, safe corona virus places of course...

Do you have a relationship or have sex regularly or do you only masturbate to p**rn?

Greekgodzeus25

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes , i used to masturbate a lot and watch p**rn regularly.

Also during these days i got an erection while masturbation after some time. Sometimes i do x sometimes i dont.

But today i got an erection after sometime of watching p**rn and became horney.

Doctors are screwing me up and down , i have never taken any oral finasteride medication or face any symptoms which other people here are mentioning.

Like brain fog or depression or anything else of that sort.

One doctor told me it may be cause of saw palmetto , but i have instant erections when with a girl or have any interaction with a girl.

Its only when i masturbate. I have around 60-70% libido.

Also its been only 20 days since i am facing this 23rd of march to be precise and during this time also i have had erection but with some difficulty.

Last edited:

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, i think it's psychological but you could ditch that saw palmeto a little to see how it goes, it's well known to give kind of the same side effects as finasteride, even if it's way weaker. Quit p**rn and give masturbation a rest and if the symptoms don't improve try to ditch the saw palmeto a little to see what happens. If the problem still persists after it's clear that the problem was or is of psychological manner. It's kind of the only way of finding out what is causing it, eliminating the variables.

Greekgodzeus25

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah its been several days since i dicthed saw the same day i got a doubt its been 20 days , initially i was not getting any erection at all , after 1 week i started getting , errection at night earlier it was weaker , but then it got stronger , now everyday i get morningwood and libido also is increasing day by day .