Am I shedding?

chrb

Reaction score
OK so whenever I have used treatments in the past - whether it's Rogaine, finasteride, nizoral etc. I've never noticed any shedding but for the first time I'm using the big 3 in conjunction with each other and I've noticed that I am losing hairs every time I shower. This morning it was more than ever, must have been at least 20 hairs.

I'm getting really paranoid that these treatments aren't working anymore but I'm hoping this is just shedding. I know no one can tell me for sure but I would really like some reassurance. Btw my current regime is 0.5mg finasteride daily, minoxidil twice daily and nizoral daily

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, people keep complaining about shedding here, but it seems that no one has the same standard about shedding.

If I were only losing 20 hairs when I shower, i would be happy. I shed between 50 and 100 every ****ing day in the shower...

People claim they shed when losing 30 hairs a day, then what is 300+ a day?

chrb

Reaction score
Like you said everyone's different. By some people's standards my shedding might be mild but losing any amount of hair is always worrying, especially if you don't know if it's gonna grow back.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am no expert but 60 to 100 hair fall a day is considered normal. cheers.

JohnSheikhh

Reaction score
so you got some reassurance,,, people shed so much more hair than you. I'd say that do no over focus on this, as this is just a normal thing, 20 so hairs per shower.

-

- - - Updated - - -

Like you said everyone's different. By some people's standards my shedding might be mild but losing any amount of hair is always worrying, especially if you don't know if it's gonna grow back.

and chrb, I will second that "losing any amount of hair is always worrying", because it is just natural sometimes you lose hair because of so much pollution and additives in our foods nowadays, yes losing MUCH amount of hair is something to worry about.