Am I Receding? And Which Norwood Am I?

Om1a

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

New to this forum. Thank you for all you doing guys.

Last couple of months I have felt im receding at my temples. There is a itchy feeling there. But as you can see from the pictures i have bad skin there which might explain the itch. Does it look like im receding? If yes, what norwood am i right now?

Im 22.

I dont have any old pictures of my hairline but I have always had a widows peak.

These are from today:
This is 8 month old

Om1a

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice, thank you for your comment, Ariel.

I guess its just the itching thats annoying me then.

Om1a

My Regimen
Reaction score
What noorwood would you say i am currently? And the earlier i found out if im balding the better

Dextrofinasteride

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m leaning towards fine but you’ve got your suspicions for a reason like I did 1 year ago and I’m thinning now with pain and itchiness until finasteride. Take better pictures and upload, then upload from same/similar lighting a few months from now. Count how much you’re shedding (just an estimate) from now on. Pics pics pics

Om1a

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, thank you. So a Norwood 1 to 1.5?

The problem is that i used to have a hairstyles where hairline wasn't visible which means I never really thought about it. But i always remember a widows peak. I will take pictures every now and then.

I know the pictures aren't that good but are there something you would worry about judging from them? Should i get on something already?

Or am i overanalysing?

Last edited:

re17

My Regimen
Reaction score
people are lying to you dude. NW2 easy.
You aren't asking if you look 'fine', you're asking for hairloss assessment, and it appears you are at NW2

not to scare you or anything, but jump on finasteride and rogaine as soon as you can. Hims makes getting ahold of finasteride convenient imo

Om1a

My Regimen
Reaction score
I respect that answer. Its very different from the other ones. Now I dont know who to listen to.

Maybe one of the more established members can help me out?

- Am i balding? If yes, which Norwood?
- Should i take any medicine at this stage?

re17

My Regimen
Reaction score
yah, that's a good idea/ sorry if i sounded mean, you look fine.
I just get frustrated when folks are dishonest about these things. it's very common on this site

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think better pictures with appropriate lighting would help. If you are worried then go to a dr for an expert opinion. Your hair looks fine to me but, again, these pictures might not be the best source for an opinion. My only advice is that before you get on medication please make sure you explore and understand all the risks and the work involved in keeping a daily routine. Minoxidil is a liftetime commitment which can be a total pain in the *** and it can make your hair look like sh*t. Finasteride can have severe side effects (although i believe they are rare) and it’s been argued by some here that it can make your hair loss worse (I believe it did for me). But first you should have a dr confirm whether or not you even have hair loss.