Am I pushing too much out of this old system?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
It's 4-5 months old already, but I would really like it go for 1-2 months more to keep life cheap. Or is it already looking too silly? Aunt said that I am balding lol. Yet I think that lots of visible scalp makes it look really realistic. Or is it the opposite? Too much attention the weird hairstyle?
4 pics:

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes you are. The problem is that the photo makes it look like just balding, but hair systems don't shed in the same pattern as your natural hair does, so after a while it will look like a patchy carpet. Get a new one stat!

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Yes you are. The problem is that the photo makes it look like just balding, but hair systems don't shed in the same pattern as your natural hair does, so after a while it will look like a patchy carpet. Get a new one stat!
Somehow this has shed like my dihydrotestosterone affects it lol. I also asked the company to reduce the density in the front and to have it especially graduated and the hairline V-shaped.

Luckily I already have new systems ready to go. And this one is getting detached today anyway for my other old duplicate that's not that bad.

That looks pretty bad... That looks like clear balding, and kinda ruins the point. I wonder if you can use toppik to extend its life span

I don't have a problem with looking a little bit like I'm receding or thinning from time to time actually. That is natural. It doesn't take away from me the point of wearing at all. As I have quite thin temple points I think I need some of this for undetectability. I think I would otherwise be close to NW4 already. It's just my dream that my pieces last 6 months. I've been able to do it before, but with pieces that were thicker from the beginning.

Thank you!

Last edited:

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, that’s a super undetectable piece!

And I agree with your point that some thinning adds to the natural look.

I for one can’t believe its a system.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My current all Swiss lace system is on its 9th month and still going strong. You can use hair fibres to fill in a few thinning areas if need be to get more life out of a hair system. Your system looks fine to me - I don't think you're pushing too much out of it at all.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Wow thanks! 2 against and 2 for now lol.
My current all Swiss lace system is on its 9th month and still going strong. You can use hair fibres to fill in a few thinning areas if need be to get more life out of a hair system. Your system looks fine to me - I don't think you're pushing too much out of it at all.
The problem is I like to wear it for 1 month before detaching. If I put fibers on I'm afraid they will start looking weird after they've been there for like a month. Isn't it impossible to wash them off from the glue? The thin spot you see has glue under it and it will be sticky (right now not, though, as it's day 30 or so). DO you know how removable fibers are from the hair system while wearing, if using liquid adhesive on the whole surface?

Last edited:

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow thanks! 2 against and 2 for now lol.

The problem is I like to wear it for 1 month before detaching. If I put fibers on I'm afraid they will start looking weird after they've been there for like a month. Isn't it impossible to wash them off from the glue? The thin spot you see has glue under it and it will be sticky (right now not, though, as it's day 30 or so). DO you know how removable fibers are from the hair system while wearing, if using liquid adhesive on the whole surface?

In my experience, hair fibres wash out of a hair system easily. As for glue, I only glue the very front of my hairline (where the parting is) - I redo this every 2 - 5 days and I just wipe excess glue and fibres off from this bit before reapplying both. The rest of the system is taped and the hair on the system covers most of the my scalp/lace except for the areas that are shedding a bit (which I fill in with hair fibres). As long as you get a reasonably close colour match with the hair fibres, it works surprisingly well. I am having to do this due to shortages and delays in delivery times of new systems. I am not worried, it is a perfectly workable solution for me.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's 4-5 months old already, but I would really like it go for 1-2 months more to keep life cheap. Or is it already looking too silly? Aunt said that I am balding lol. Yet I think that lots of visible scalp makes it look really realistic. Or is it the opposite? Too much attention the weird hairstyle?
4 pics:
Wow, that looks rough. Is this how systems typically look after a few months?

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4 pics:

A balding hair system, ditch it.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A balding hair system, ditch it.

It's not always as simple as that - sometimes just a little bit of shedding doesn't warrant ditching a hair system, as it can be restored with some hair fibres and increase its lifespan. There's also the cost, as well as the shortage of hair systems and long waiting times to consider due to the pandemic, so I think anything we can do to get more life out of out current hair systems is the smart thing to do.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Should mention that it has been quite a thin piece from the beginning. I asked it to be even thinner (10% thinner) from the front as well so it would match my thin temples. Also I am still able to comb it, so the bald spot is hidden.