Am I Norwood 5 or 6? Transplant question

mpphoenix

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am 38, and used Rogaine for 12 years until the pandemic, and have been off of it the last 2 years. My hair loss progressed and stabilized and am now considering a hair transplant. About 10 years ago I went for a couple consultations, and they said my donor hair was the ideal type due to its density. However, significant hair loss since then and wanted to see what that would look like now.

I've had 1 consultation that suggested 5,000 using FUE over a 2 day period. Waiting for my second (Cooley in Charlotte NC).

I don't want to be on Rogaine or Finasteride post transplant though. (Rogaine I over used it and it really damaged my skin - extremely deep smile lines and crows feet since age 27).

Was wondering:
1. Am I a Norwood 5 or 6?
2. Does 5,000 grafts sound about right (I'm about 6'6" so have a big head ha)?
3. I'm ok for additional transplants in the future. How decent of a candidate do you think I am?

Thank you,

Attachments

• IMG_1397.jpg
    IMG_1397.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_1399.jpg
    IMG_1399.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_1400.jpg
    IMG_1400.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_1402.jpg
    IMG_1402.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 289

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say you are between a 5 and 6. What did your hair look like when you stopped Rogaine? You must of had a massive shed. I don't know how the Rogaine would effect your collagen to cause wrinkles...i have been on it for 20 years and haven't had that happen or heard of that.
5000 sound like it would do the job. You are lucky you have the density.
Good luck

thickhaironhead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats a lot of miniaturized hairs screaming for nutrition and oxygen. They are still alive though but wont be if there comes new hair in their place. That means that it wil look even pretty bad post op, 5000 grafts wont do it. Way better to get on anti androgen (doesnt have to be finasteride) and microneedling and minoxidil. Here is another guy in the same situation who f-up big time. Dont be that guy.
https://www.hairestorationetwork.com/topic/41407-fue-4394-grafts-dr-tejinder-bhatti-india/

mpphoenix

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats a lot of miniaturized hairs screaming for nutrition and oxygen. They are still alive though but wont be if there comes new hair in their place. That means that it wil look even pretty bad post op, 5000 grafts wont do it. Way better to get on anti androgen (doesnt have to be finasteride) and microneedling and minoxidil. Here is another guy in the same situation who f-up big time. Dont be that guy.
Thank you! I appreciate that!