Am I Losing My Hair?

blizzardflames

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm 18. I have curly hair (I'm Latino) and in my junior year of high school when I was 16-17 my hair looked fine. That summer my mom made me trim it and then I started letting it grow again only to have to shave it all of in December 2012 for my sister's sweet 16. I started to let it grow after that but I noticed that the front looked thin and you could see through to my scalp. I cut my hair again, let it grow out and then cut it because it looked bad and now I'm here. It's short but you can tell it's thinning. I honestly really hate it. I really like having hair even though it's not nice hair or anything and it sucks because I'm the only person in friend group who looks like their losing their hair. I'm not sure if it's being caused by stress because I'm almost always stressing out over my depression and my job, but if it was the depression then I think I would've been bald years ago, haha. My diet sucks since I barely make enough to get by and sometimes I go days without eating which I heard can cause hair loss. Here's a picture (and I know my forehead is huge, lol): photo.jpg
My mom's dad died when she was 13 but she remembers that he had a full head of hair when he passed, but she barely remembers it. I have no idea if my dad lost his hair or not since he's been shaving it bald since he was 19 (He said it was the style and his friends got him into it) and I know his hairline is receding a bit but he shaves his head so it doesn't help.

Sure, this isn't that big of an issue but I enjoy having hair. My mom used to tell me all the time that I was going bald growing up so I'm kinda traumatized by that. It's something I'm scared of but its life and I could have it worse.

So how bad is it guys?

heisenberg

Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation, started loosing my hair noticeably in my senior year in high school.

You have a good chance of prolonging the inevitable - get on propecia and minoxidil but it's a regime that you have to commit to daily. Otherwise, you could always start shaving your head if you're happy with that look?

blizzardflames

Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation, started loosing my hair noticeably in my senior year in high school.

You have a good chance of prolonging the inevitable - get on propecia and minoxidil but it's a regime that you have to commit to daily. Otherwise, you could always start shaving your head if you're happy with that look?
How would those meds prolong the inevitable if you're going to loss your hair once you stop taking them?

blizzardflames

Reaction score
I read that a sign of hair loss is finding hair on your pillow or in the shower. My hair hasn't ever fallen out, maybe a few strands over the course of a day but nothing too dramatic. How would I be sure that I'm losing my hair?

Sintest94

Reaction score
Jump on Hairloss meds now, and you will halt or possibility regrow some of the lost hair, and keep taking them untill better medication is available I'm thinking 10 - 20 years from now.