Am I losing my hair?

martyrmachine

Reaction score
OK you guys probably get a million of these and this is my first post so here goes. I'm about to turn 20 and I think my hairline might be receding. I hope to God it's just maturing but it's definitely changed. It used to be further back on the right side but now it's further back on the left. Here are some photos of me looking normal and with my hair pulled back The last one where I'm wearing black was taken when I was 18 and I don't think there's much of a difference.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74811613@N ... 328409287/

So a little info about me:

I've always naturally had a pretty far back hairline but I used to have really long or short hair so I never really pulled it back, so there's no comparing. I've got really thin, straight hair, always have done. In terms of genetics, my father went bald in his early 20's, I never met any of my grandfathers so I don't know much about that and they died or left when both my parents were young. For at least the last few years every time I showered some hair would come out but I think that may be due to a diet because it's stopped now that I'm shampooing more often. I heard that hair loss has to do with an overt amount of testosterone, I'm 20 and hardly have any facial hair and pretty much no body hair. My father tells me he didn't have any at my age either. Also I use wax pretty much every day. Finally I'm part White part Thai if that makes a difference.

If anybody knows what they're talking about, please have a look at the photos and give me your opinion. Thanks.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Man you believe just about every myth there is about hairloss! Unfortunatley for you its genetics that count.

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd say your a prime candidate for propecia, if you are prepared to go down that road.