Am I Losing My Hair? What Do I Say To A Derm Tomorrow. Please Help!

HelloIAmProbDumb420

My Regimen
Reaction score
For the last year I’ve been tracking my hair and it seems like i’m receding badly in the right corner.

EDIT: I am a 23 year old male. Crown is full and no balding in family except for uncle who went bald at 21. I have lost 120 LBS in a year if that matters?

Looking at these images, can you guys tell me what Norwood I am?

This is the right side!
14C7ED3F-DFB9-4262-8A94-4AF714296DA4.jpeg
E015EE55-223B-4801-B631-9FCD7AB64196.jpeg

Here is the other side for comparison with almost no recession.. 4B628FF7-3BEE-484C-9A15-1842D5A1ABA4.jpeg

What should I ask my derm tomorrow? For a prescription for just finasteride? What if they say they don’t think I’m balding? I’m worried about it getting worse more than anything because in a year I lost the temporal point on the right side.

Last edited:

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, before you go to a derm, you should grow the sides out a bit so he or she can examine the sides too and compare it.

RockChalk

My Regimen
Reaction score
“I think I might be losing my hair”. They’ll probably do a check under the microscope for miniaturisation, which I believe gives a definitive answer.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you get your temples reshaped in the new pictures?

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
i’m really not sure what you mean by that, i didn’t ask them to be reshaped if that’s what you mean...
I'm asking because it looks unnaturally straight in the new photos. If the barber reshaped them we can't compare it to the old pic.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, have you posted on this website before on a different account? I remember one guy posted here a few weeks ago who had identical hair to yours and the result was that he wasn't balding.