Am I going through male pattern baldness? Pics inside.

friedrich

Reaction score
I am 23, and a bit worried about whether I am starting to go through male pattern baldness. I am just wondering when I would need to start treatment for it. I am really not at an age where I feel ready to lose my hair. My Dad's side have all tended to start balding in their mid-late 20s and my Mum's side have totally good hair all their lives. However, I think it's all down to luck.

hair.jpghairl.jpghairline.jpghairlosstalk.jpg

Toms

Established Member
Reaction score
If you have noticed some changes, it probably is male pattern baldness. It looks like you have some miniaturization on the hairline. You family history should worry you too.

At this point you should try finasteride, if you don't get any side effects, you are gonna live one more decade of a full head of hair.

massa

Banned
Reaction score
What makes you think your losing hair ? You are a nw1 still, if you feel like you've lost density compared to your teenage years then that is natural as you get older and isn't related to male pattern baldness. We can lose up to 10% density of hair every decade . Don't take finasteride unless your 100% certain it's male pattern baldness as it's a waste if time and judging by your pictures I wouldn't you have male pattern baldness .

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
another privileged norwood 1 with a perfect hairline and ridiculous density.

This is insulting to those of us with REAL hair loss.