Am I going bald?

mickey93

Reaction score
Hello..my name is mickey and i am 18 years old, as the title says i dont know if i am balding and i would like to hear your opinion and maybe give me an advice.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/571/52800513.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/11447134.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/33613279.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/152/66030701.jpg/ As you can see on left side is like this and on the right side i didnt had hair since i was born i think, so its this what a mature hairline should look or i am going bald?
Ah and yeh no one in my family is bald, except my grandfather on my mother side but he is 72 :|
My father got same hair like me , only that he doesnt got a big forehead and still got all his hair.
I made this pictures last night and it looks like the hair is thin or it always have been like that, when i was little i didnt had hair at all ,especially in the right side.
1zxmpt.jpg

qxjfx1.jpg

Thanks you in advance and sorry for my bad english!

Fear21F

Reaction score
Hello,

Hard to say because on the first 4 pics your hairline looks strong and healthy. The thinning spot on the flash can be a real one but based on the asymmetry of your hairline, it can be the last stage of your maturing hairline on the left. I had the same thing on the left side but it was deeper than my personnal mature hairline.

I would say you have nothing but the only way to know is to take an appointment with a dermatologist.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
looks like it. sorry to be blunt - but i started losing my hair probably around 16 so i've been there. right now i'd say take a photo of it every 3 months or so for a year, all under horribly unflattering harsh light, and in a year's time look back at them and decide your plan. if it doesn't look any worse then do the same for another year maybe, if it does look worse then hop on finasteride.

good luck brother.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
My guess would be no; your hair looks strong. The last 2 pics look that way because of the bright lighting but I can't see any signs of balding whatsoever. My 'guess' based on photos is nonconclusive though so if you want to know for sure; get to a dermatologist. Don't send yourself crazy because the only way you can know otherwise is waiting to see if you lose more hair.

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If anything may be close to a NW1 but maybe not even that. What made you ask? If I had your hair I would be worried about other things lol. Also, sounds like you have good genes? Did some1 say something to you?

mickey93

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. What made me think about this ,was that last year i had a very short haircut around 2 buzz, because my hair started to annoy me, too oily. And also my aunt's brother (no blood related) did a joke saying that if i continue to use hair products( wax etc..) i will have the same hair as him ( around Norwood VI i think)..so i stopped to use them anymore.

About the haircut, by then i didnt knew that i had a big forehead and it's round too, after it was done i started to laugh because my appearance was funny , i have a long face too and i looked kinda like this ,, :shock: " When i noticed my hairline i was kinda afraid , if you look at me face to face it will look normal with a widow peak, but from profile it looks strange or from above. I also saw that my sideburns aren't asymetrical, the one in the right side its more like a mature one, but the hairline its still like the one in the left. Could be a hormonal problem? Because i dont have facial hair just a bit at chin.

I will keep a close eye on it to see if i got any changes, the hair at the moment is still like a year ago. Maybe i panic too much about this problem, but now i know more stuff about it. Thanks again and sorry for my bad english.

mickey93

Reaction score
now that i look at it better, the hair in the right temple looks thin and rare, it's the same length as the others but it's looks so dead :sobbing: I dont shed , and when i wash hair around 7-10 fall so i think i was thining in the right side for a long time , also a small bulb is on some fallen hair follicles and i also see some small hair follicles around there ..guess it is male pattern baldness.
I dont think i got high testosterone since i dont have a beard just 1-2 hairs :thumbdown2: and my voice isnt so manly. I will get some money to buy rogaine and nizoral.. gonna be hard cuz i am 18 and my parents don't support me, they think i am going crazy, about finasteride i am kinda afraid of side effects and i am not financial ready for it.. If it falls then i will accept it and move on even if it will be really hard. Since right now i feel sad and instead of focusing on last exam , i focus on hair. Anyway i am gonna have a short cut and i will be back when i start with rogaine.. thanks again for your advices and support.