Am I Going Bald, Or Is My Hairline Just Naturally sh*t?

wagneraccess

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, for some background here, I'm 18, and every man in my family has kept a full head of hair all their lives, minus one great uncle or something who was bald. Regardless, I've recently noticed that my hairline is a goddamn mess, and now I'm getting a bit worried. Am I gonna be the second guy in my entire bloodline to go bald, out of the blue?

I went back and looked at some older pictures of me, and I was surprised to see that my hairline was actually fucked up back then too, but I can't tell if it's gotten worse or not. I included two pictures of me from today, and one from like 3 years ago (the one in the hat). Am I balding rapidly, or do I just need a lineup?

Attachments

• hairline1.jpg
    hairline1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 329
  • hairline2.jpg
    hairline2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 313
  • hairline3.jpg
    hairline3.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 312

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not balding. I don't see any miniaturization or thinning across the hairline plus you're hairline hasn't changed since the old pic. Also, don't get a lineup, line ups are for people with a straightish hairline with some inconsistencies but this is your natural hairline, there's no need to change it.

wagneraccess

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not balding. I don't see any miniaturization or thinning across the hairline plus you're hairline hasn't changed since the old pic. Also, don't get a lineup, line ups are for people with a straightish hairline with some inconsistencies but this is your natural hairline, there's no need to change it.
Alright, that's a relief. Thanks for the response! I must ask though, does my hair look... small?

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see miniaturization at the hairline. For 18 your hairline is very high and is receded uneven. And before well at 15 it was not perfect- it doesn't matter, that sh*t starts at 13 sometimes. Can't fall back on that. I would highly doubt you're going to keep that head of hair as is for even the next 5 years.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see miniaturization at the hairline. For 18 your hairline is very high and is receded uneven. And before well at 15 it was not perfect- it doesn't matter, that sh*t starts at 13 sometimes. Can't fall back on that. I would highly doubt you're going to keep that head of hair as is for even the next 5 years.
Are you trolling or being serious? He can pull his whole hairline back without any loose or miniaturizing hair at the hairline. And it's also been the same for 3 years so why do you assume he'll go bald? If it started at 13 or 15 or whenever why hasn't it changed in 3 years? Also, a high hairline has nothing to do with hairloss, 8 year olds have bigger foreheads.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you trolling or being serious? He can pull his whole hairline back without any loose or miniaturizing hair at the hairline. And it's also been the same for 3 years so why do you assume he'll go bald? If it started at 13 or 15 or whenever why hasn't it changed in 3 years? Also, a high hairline has nothing to do with hairloss, 8 year olds have bigger foreheads.
I stated what I'm seeing, and probability. Take it or leave it.

On a side note, look at how neurotic you are about your hairline, you have a 12 year olds, with high density, extremely low at that. And you still think you might be balding right now, posting dozens of pictures in multiple threads. Imagine if you had his hair?

I've seen you tell people who are 20 with boderline nw2s that they aren't balding, when they clearly are. Don't take this the wrong way, but you don't really know how to spot this yet. I've been, as silly n useless as this is, spotting and predicting this nonsense for decades, and when it comes around, I'm usually right. Usually is putting it lightly.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I stated what I'm seeing, and probability. Take it or leave it.

On a side note, look at how neurotic you are about your hairline, you have a 12 year olds, with high density, extremely low at that. And you still think you might be balding right now, posting dozens of pictures in multiple threads. Imagine if you had his hair?

I've seen you tell people who are 20 with boderline nw2s that they aren't balding, when they clearly are. Don't take this the wrong way, but you don't really know how to spot this yet. I've been, as silly n useless as this is, spotting and predicting this nonsense for decades, and when it comes around, I'm usually right. Usually is putting it lightly.
This guy isn't even a norwood 2 though. His hairline just goes up a little in the corners and it looks worse than it is because his hairline is a bit high. And there's no miniaturizing hair all over the hairline like most balding guys have + it hasn't changed in 3 years. Maybe he'll go bald in the future, but atm his hairline doesn't look like it's changing. Also, I'm a great norwood spotter, and the only reason I say this guy isn't balding because his hairline hasn't changed and there's no miniaturizing hairs at the hairline.

wagneraccess

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess only time will tell. I looked back even farther, and I've had this hairline since I was literally 14, so who knows. At least there's no thinning or anything (yet).

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you're not balding. You have a naturally high-placed hairline but still a NW1 with good density. Keep an eye on it tho. The higher your hairline the less balding you can take, aesthetically, before your face looks out of balance. A nw2 on someone with a high hairline can look way worse than the same shape on a naturally low hairline

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess only time will tell. I looked back even farther, and I've had this hairline since I was literally 14, so who knows. At least there's no thinning or anything (yet).
Main point is, if your hairline drifts back 1/4 inch, which is likely in the next few years, it'll look way too high. Even IF that's the only recession you have for the next 10 years, it'll be too much since you already have a "head start". I'm researching finasteride n taking measurements of my hairline to eyebrows if I'm you. It can sneak up on you.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Thick density with a mature hairline forming. In good shape for now.