Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 16.05.22.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 16.05.37.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 16.05.48.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 16.06.02.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 16.09.05.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 16.11.06.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 16.11.50.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 16.13.32.png
on the crown part, I still don't have problem with receding hairline, or anything else. Just this part. Also nobody in my family had problems with male pattern baldness except my dad.

Jamie s

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to say your hair does seem to naturally split in the middle it could just be the way that it's sitting I wouldn't worry that much if I was you but if I was really desperate I'd cut my hair short to get a better idea of the crown density

Zelos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, yeah I'll consider getting a haircut in near future since I honestly don't like having hair this long or longer during summer period.

Zelos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just in case, here are the hairline pics, its been like this as long as i can remember it
Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 01.29.01.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 01.29.16.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 01.29.26.png

Zelos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another bump! Decided to take this pic right after washing my hair and drying it
Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 16.44.35.png

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Might be the start of male pattern baldness. The reason for this is because of the different temples...

How old are you? If I were you I'd cut it shorter and see if it actually thinnimg. I'd also recommend for you to visit a professional.

Zelos

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 22, turning 23 in september. I've been growing hair for about almost 10 months now (last time I had haircut it was around end of august last year) And the hair was completely fine, I started noticing this in past like well less than month. That's whats confusing me, few people (including hairdresser and a dermatologist told me that it's most likely do to my hair growing that way and that for hair this long, since I actually have pretty thick hair its perfectly normal, though I'm still not sure.

Thanks for advice I'll probably cut my hair shorter soon.

Zelos

My Regimen
Reaction score
So this is how my hair actually looks from front, and from behind, also one more pic from top of my head
Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 23.03.38.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 23.04.16.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 23.08.36.png

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You will be fine until you get to about 28-30 then it will really start kicking you in the ***! It is the start of male pattern baldness, bad news yes, but at least you can start planning how you will treat it.

Zelos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Yeah, that's pretty much what I've heard. That my hair as of now is still in pretty good condition, yet that there are signs of male pattern baldness. That I'll be fine till around 30s if I'm lucky maybe 40s and that then I should start worrying about it.

And I was wandering if I should start using something as of now, since I wouldn't want to eff-up my hair further if not necessary.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would probably start now with a quarter tab of finasteride per day. But its pretty much a life long thing, however by the time it really starts to matter there will be better treatments available for you.

Zelos

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I know it depends from person to person. For instance I know that my dad has a case of male pattern baldness, but he got bald (stage 6 of male pattern baldness) rapidly when he was around 40, and still is at that same stage 20 years later.His father, my late grandfather who died at the age of 59, by the time of his death was (since I never met him, I only know him from pictures) beginning of stage 2. My other grandfather, died at the age of 68 and was stage 2, with a slightly thinning on top. My uncle, his son, is currently pretty much in between stages 2 and 3 and is 52 years old. Some of my uncles and great uncles are all in worst cases same as that uncle of mine (so something in between of stage 2 and 3) also they never started going bald before the age of late thirties. But most of them even later.

Although I have a cousin, year younger than me who is already pretty much a stage 5, so he decided to shave his head.
male-baldness-stages.jpg

Zelos

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, I finally decided to take some pics without the use of a flashlight, one pic is with normal room lightning, the other was taken directly under the window. Since all of the pics I posted were done by my MAC camera with auto flashlight on.
_20180618_163856.JPG
_20180618_164342.JPG

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty sure you’re thinning on top. Go to a derm or buzz cut your head to check for it (obvious if you take pics with a 3 guard). The temple recession doesn’t mean much, it’s the thinning that is the real sign that bad stuff is going down

Zelos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another question. I've heard that significant weight loss can trigger a bit of hair thinning/hair loss about 3-6 months afterwards. It says usually losing more than 6 pounds. I've lost about 30 pounds in approximately month and a half (from beginning of december 2017. until the mid of january 2018.) and I've been on that same weight ever since.

So I was wandering is this actually true or not?

Because at that point, yeah my hair was shorter, but no significant thinning could've been seen. And I've shed as much as I shed nowadays.