Am I Going Bald Or Is It A Cowlick/whorl? (pics Included)

Am I going bald or is it a whorl/cowlick?

• Balding

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Whorl/cowlick

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

mexica2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a 26 year old male and I am pretty sure the hair on my crown is thinning, I have a cowlick on the back of my head so it might be the natural formation of my hair though. Can anyone verify?

The first pic, I have dried Lipogaine in it so my hair looks a bit clumped, the other pics are when my hair is washed and dry.

What can I do to thicken my hair and regrow the patch?

If you need more pics just let me know.

Thanks.

upload_2018-10-29_9-19-22.jpeg

upload_2018-10-29_9-19-58.jpeg

upload_2018-10-29_9-20-25.jpeg

upload_2018-10-29_9-21-23.jpeg

Last edited:

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it's borderline normal if your crown was like that when you were younger(obviously everyone's crown looks worse when wet, so I'm judging based on the dry photo), but if it wasn't then it's thinning. finasteride works great on the crown so you should just start a 0.5mg to 0.2mg dose now IMO if you want to get regrowth and maintenance.

mexica2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah my crown has always looked baldish bc of my double cowlick...I kinda just wanted validation haha but yeah I already got a prescription for finasteride, and I’ll probably start start taking a low dose just for maintenance purposes, thanks again!

Divallo

My Regimen
Reaction score
It clearly bothers you if you are posting here about it, balding or not. I do think low-dose finasteride is a great choice. I would also recommend adding a dermapen to your treatment for good measure. No side effects just a little pain with proven results.

Your hair isn't bad at all, definitely worth trying to keep it.