Am I Going Bald Or Am I Just Overreacting To Something Which Is Normal?, 21 Yo Male | HairLossTalk Forums

Am I Going Bald Or Am I Just Overreacting To Something Which Is Normal?, 21 Yo Male

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by moumy, Jun 14, 2019.

1. moumy

moumy New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    as far as family history goes, my mom says no one on her side of the family went bald to her knowledge, including cousins, and my uncle. from my dad's side i think some people did, but not him and he's thinning at a very late age. my scalp looks normal and these are pictures of the right side of my head/temporal point area. my mom, who knows a lot about hair and cuts my hair for me says it looks the same as last time she cut it, and times before that, from what she remembers at least. i also remember freaking out about the same area when i was 19, i don't think much has changed. my mom also mentioned that my continuous touching it (because i compulsively have to go check it often, because i can't really calm down about this because of how little i want to bald) is probably making a normal area of my head look thinner, she's also mentioned that there are hairs growing there, tiny ones. i also have a cowlick, and this side of my head is more forward than the the other, that's at least how i put it. there isn't any thinness on the left side of my head that worries me at all really, and i can see my scalp more through the right side. all the hair i pull out of my head, or that falls out that i look at, has the white bulb at the end. thank you for reading, i know you guys get lots of threads like this and it's probably a pain. i just want to know if this looks normal, and hopefully learn that i have nothing to worry about and i'm just making my normal hair worse through nerves or something. i'm typically an on edge person, i don't know if this would have anything to do with this.
    stupid2.jpg
    stupid3.png

2. Chemichal Castration

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    it looks receded to me from the second picture. You need to be aware of the hair you shed. If you are indeed losing hair, its important to start working on it asap.

3. moumy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    does this at all look like a "natural" as in not alarming recession or is this bad looking. again i can't tell if i'm running my fingers through this area too much disturbing hair and ripping out too many or not. do you know if that's a common occurrence. does the whole of my hairline look receded? thank you for responding

4. Chemichal Castration

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Can you provide other pictures? Its hard to tell. Try different angles of both sides. Like one on each side, one front and one top.

Do you notice your hair thinner/less density?

moumy likes this.
  5. moumy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    ok so here are 4 more pics, they go from top view, front view, a shot of my left side, and then my right side again
    top.jpg front l to r.jpg left side.JPG right side again.jpg

any density i see gone just seems to be on my right side but i honestly don't remember if it was like this before or not, like i say my mom said it is but she might just be being nice to me, although i imagine she would tell me if i seemed to be losing hair in a clear pattern. it's worth noting she has been involved with lots of men who were either bald or balding, so she probably has a better read on this stuff than i would but i still want lots of opinions. i can't tell if these look bad for me or not honestly.

Chemichal Castration likes this.
  6. Oscar66

Oscar66 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Doesn't look bad to me. Your getting older, yes and the hair is changing, yes... Just monitor it for now.

moumy likes this.
  7. moumy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    have you ever seen stress hair loss in an area like this? i'm not exactly ripping my hair out in that area but for a few weeks now i'm touching it a lot and pulling on it to try and examine my hair ends, and see if they have bulbs, or just to feel if it's any "thinner" and for a while recently it didn't feel thin at all really, only looked that way. at this point it feels a little thinner, does that sounds like me ruining my own hair?

8. DerDon

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    it could be the start. started for me in the same way. could easily pull out some hairs. two 1/2 years later im still shedding like hell and lost almost all my density. btw only one grandpa is balled and my dad is a solid nw2.
    Just keep an eye on it and try not to stress to much about it. I lost 2 years of my life, a girlfriend and much more because I became so obsessed with it.

9. Chemichal Castration

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think your hairline is normal, there shouldn't be anything to worry about in the meantime. Doesn't look receded imo and you seem to have a nice density as well.

Sometimes there are other causes of hair loss and bad hair besides Androgenetic Alopecia like stress, lack of sleep, eating habits, lack of nutrition, etc. Just be aware of the hair you shed in the pillow, shower, but I think you are good :)

itchymadscalp likes this.
  10. moumy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    thank you, those other causes might be more likely because i've been sleeping poorly lately and that's made me more stressed about work, the worrying about hair thing is its own stress and like i say i'm pulling on it more probably making it worse.

11. Alphalete

Alphalete Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Sorry man, I think you're balding. The uneven hairline is a big sign in my opinion, I might be wrong though

12. moumy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    i'm fairly certain it's always been uneven to some degree, i've always had a cowlick at the front

13. Oscar66

Oscar66 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes. Calm down.
    You are in right place.
    Stress sucks. Shedding sucks.
    There's a million stories about shedding.
    Read some stories and see that there is always a repair after the shed.

moumy likes this.
  14. moumy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    thank you. i'm gonna stop touching my hair so much. it's likely that by next month it will look ok again i hope.

15. Alphalete

Alphalete Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    best of luck man