Am i going bald? Im 21 years old

Ignatious32

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi im very new here, sorry if my english is bad because im from south america. The thing is that i just want to ask how is my hair right now. The fear i have is that my father is bald and i am afraid im going to be as well. The good side is that in mother’side all of the family members have very good hair. My maternal grandfather is not even norwood 2 and he is in his 80s.
i always have very good hair, but there are this temples that are freaking me out. i have had them since i was 18. And also now i shave my head and you will see that the are more noticeable. I will leave some photos.
Leave me your comments on how you see it, thank you very much.

Attachments

• D7ACBE88-6059-47EE-9D99-61B3F4FB8805.jpeg
    D7ACBE88-6059-47EE-9D99-61B3F4FB8805.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 264
  • C55F83C2-0EAB-4BA5-B02F-49F7A6AA0F51.jpeg
    C55F83C2-0EAB-4BA5-B02F-49F7A6AA0F51.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 262
  • BDBA9700-6D0C-4509-AAD0-73D07002E90B.jpeg
    BDBA9700-6D0C-4509-AAD0-73D07002E90B.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 61396F06-0B84-44E4-94E7-4E0D0DDA15C7.jpeg
    61396F06-0B84-44E4-94E7-4E0D0DDA15C7.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 267
  • 0E1C32CB-2163-43B4-A88E-BEDF0FD7B77A.jpeg
    0E1C32CB-2163-43B4-A88E-BEDF0FD7B77A.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 55104D8F-8F24-443F-BD9F-17CB2A1F1945.jpeg
    55104D8F-8F24-443F-BD9F-17CB2A1F1945.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 260
  • E252E1F9-2BA0-460B-A3E7-4F6BC70E129E.jpeg
    E252E1F9-2BA0-460B-A3E7-4F6BC70E129E.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 26A6372F-BD00-4D9A-8DBB-BEBD37D0AF54.jpeg
    26A6372F-BD00-4D9A-8DBB-BEBD37D0AF54.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 247
  • 27C1D2BF-F6E5-406A-BDFE-19FAFD9B0F34.jpeg
    27C1D2BF-F6E5-406A-BDFE-19FAFD9B0F34.jpeg
    257.4 KB · Views: 261
  • E0419FEC-9B70-4B7E-B9B9-01546D199DD1.jpeg
    E0419FEC-9B70-4B7E-B9B9-01546D199DD1.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 270

Ourkes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi im very new here, sorry if my english is bad because im from south america. The thing is that i just want to ask how is my hair right now. The fear i have is that my father is bald and i am afraid im going to be as well. The good side is that in mother’side all of the family members have very good hair. My maternal grandfather is not even norwood 2 and he is in his 80s.
i always have very good hair, but there are this temples that are freaking me out. i have had them since i was 18. And also now i shave my head and you will see that the are more noticeable. I will leave some photos.
Leave me your comments on how you see it, thank you very much.
You hair looks incredibly dense. Really good.

What age did your father display thinning hair? How old is he now and what norwood level?

Ignatious32

My Regimen
Reaction score

What age did your father display thinning hair? How old is he now and what norwood level?
My father started thinning at 18 19 years old, by the age of 40 he was complety bald. Do you think i should check it with a dermatologist?. As i said in my mother’side all of them have good hair

Ignatious32

My Regimen
Reaction score

I said completly bald because he had almost no hair. I would said norwood 5 at 40, and now in his 50s norwood 6

Ourkes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I said completly bald because he had almost no hair. I would said norwood 5 at 40, and now in his 50s norwood 6
If you need peace of mind then see a dermatologist. However, you aren’t displaying any hair thinning, your density is excellent.

Also, if you were going to bald and reach a high norwood level, you would most likely be well on your way by 25.

Ignatious32

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you need peace of mind then see a dermatologist. However, you aren’t displaying any hair thinning, your density is excellent.

Also, if you were going to bald and reach a high norwood level, you would most likely be well on your way by 25.
I preciate your comment, thank you very very much mate.

Ourkes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I preciate your comment, thank you very very much mate.
You’re welcome buddy. Just keep an eye on your hair, as all of us can start thinning. But the older you get, the less likely it is to be severe. And if you do start balding later in life, there are plenty of medications / treatments to can adopt to slow down the loss or even halt it for years. Plus there are hair transplants which here in the UK, are becoming commonplace!

If you had inherited an aggressive balding gene, it would most likely have began to express itself by 25. My friends that suffered significant male pattern baldness knew their hair was thinning by 19/20 yrs old.

Out of interest, where in the world are you?

Ignatious32

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re welcome buddy. Just keep an eye on your hair, as all of us can start thinning. But the older you get, the less likely it is to be severe. And if you do start balding later in life, there are plenty of medications / treatments to can adopt to slow down the loss or even halt it for years. Plus there are hair transplants which here in the UK, are becoming commonplace!

If you had inherited an aggressive balding gene, it would most likely have began to express itself by 25. My friends that suffered significant male pattern baldness knew their hair was thinning by 19/20 yrs old.

Out of interest, where in the world are you?
Thank you man. I am from argentina. As i know there are not so many treatments here. I mean, i know about finasteride, minoxidil and as a last option, transplant.
The only thing that bothered me is the temples. I know that i have good density but i have friends who are norwood 0 at my age and i sometimes ask myself why i have not that hairline.
thats why i send you the photos with my head shaved, maybe you see some miniaturization

Ourkes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you man. I am from argentina. As i know there are not so many treatments here. I mean, i know about finasteride, minoxidil and as a last option, transplant.
The only thing that bothered me is the temples. I know that i have good density but i have friends who are norwood 0 at my age and i sometimes ask myself why i have not that hairline.
thats why i send you the photos with my head shaved, maybe you see some miniaturization
Vamos Argentina!! A country I must visit and the home of my favourite boxer Lucas Matthysse.

At 25 my hairline started to mature and looked like yours. By 30/31 it stopped and displayed minor recession. At 41, it is still the same. You might be the same.

I cannot see miniaturisation. However, it is not easy to truly identify miniaturised hair with the naked eye looking at a photo. If you’re concerned see a Dermatologist and they’ll examine your scalp with a special microscopic device. Some miniaturised hair is evident in all humans, however thinning occurs when this happens to a large degree in certain areas, for example, the hairline, or the crown etc.

I think you’re good at this very moment in time. And, as I mentioned above, you’re likely passed the age for aggressive balding. None of my friends that had hair like yours at 25 are bald 15-20 yrs later. Those that are were norwood 3 by say 21/22, if not younger.

Ignatious32

My Regimen
Reaction score
Vamos Argentina!! A country I must visit and the home of my favourite boxer Lucas Matthysse.

At 25 my hairline started to mature and looked like yours. By 30/31 it stopped and displayed minor recession. At 41, it is still the same. You might be the same.

I cannot see miniaturisation. However, it is not easy to truly identify miniaturised hair with the naked eye looking at a photo. If you’re concerned see a Dermatologist and they’ll examine your scalp with a special microscopic device. Some miniaturised hair is evident in all humans, however thinning occurs when this happens to a large degree in certain areas, for example, the hairline, or the crown etc.

I think you’re good at this very moment in time. And, as I mentioned above, you’re likely passed the age for aggressive balding. None of my friends that had hair like yours at 25 are bald 15-20 yrs later. Those that are were norwood 3 by say 21/22, if not younger.
Yesssss matthysse and a there are also a lot of famous athletes here.
excelent mate, thank you so much. So lets see if i understand. A person who suffers of male pattern baldness star to show clear signs at an early age? Or it is not necessary like that?

Ourkes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
excelent mate, thank you so much. So lets see if i understand. A person who suffers of male pattern baldness star to show clear signs at an early age? Or it is not necessary like that?
No worries bud!

Lucas the machine - great guy, a warrior and a HUGE puncher!!!

A very respected hair transplant surgeon here in the UK told me that aggressive male pattern baldness is well on it way by 25/26 yrs old. If you are destined to be norwood 5, 6 or 7 you would most likely be displaying the pattern by now.

As your Dad was balding from a young age, it seems you might not have inherited his pattern.

Of course you could lose hair later in life, but if that happens, it is likely to be more mild. Hope that helps mate.

Ignatious32

My Regimen
Reaction score

excelent mate, thank you so much. So if
No worries bud!

Lucas the machine - great guy, a warrior and a HUGE puncher!!!

A very respected hair transplant surgeon here in the UK told me that aggressive male pattern baldness is well on it way by 25/26 yrs old. If you are destined to be norwood 5, 6 or 7 you would most likely be displaying the pattern by now.

As your Dad was balding from a young age, it seems you might not have inherited his pattern.

Of course you could lose hair later in life, but if that happens, it is likely to be more mild. Hope that helps mate.
thank you very man, if anything happens we will be in touch

Ourkes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
excelent mate, thank you so much. So if

thank you very man, if anything happens we will be in touch
All the best bro. Feel free to DM me at any point if you have any other questions.