Am I Going Bald At Age 17 Help Me!!?

Am I going bald at age 17?

• Total voters

Ananda

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello I'm here to ask a few questions regarding my hair. I've always loved my hair.. Lately my hair has started to fall out and it freaks me out!! It's very hard to stay focused when you're going through this phase. I'm losing around 50 hairs a day and I'm worried if I'm going bald. Also I'm attaching few photos.. Please help me out :(

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 818
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 307
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 317
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 335

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since my only two options are to help you, I suppose I will try. I am surprised no one else has replied. You have male pattern baldness and for 17, I would say it's starting to become quite aggressive. If you look in the first pic, you can see throughout the male pattern baldness pattern that the hair is thinner than on the sides. Unfortunately, you're too young to attempt medication, but I would consider it in a couple years. Luckily looks like you have dark skin, so that definitely helps.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have female pattern baldness which is not uncommon for men in asiatic populations.
View attachment 76287

why do you call it female pattern baldness when on the top he has the typical male pattern baldness starting to come through?

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why do you call it female pattern baldness when on the top he has the typical male pattern baldness starting to come through?
He's somewhere between the type O of male pattern baldness and fpb,as there's no recession of the temples and no exclusive crown loss.
I believe this type has different etiopathogenic factors than the typical type you and me have.
Male-Pattern-Baldness.png

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil and Nizoral might help you for a few years. When you're older, you could use finasteride