Am I Going Bald ? And Is This A Normal Hair Whorl ?

AllenZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Iam a 27 years old healthy male, my father's family has the male pattern balding as following: my grandfather, my father and my only elder brother are almost fully bald, all my 6 (40yo at least) uncles have only norwood 2/3 receding hairlines.
I realized Iam losing like 60 to 100 hairs in the shower lately, and then I also noticed iam having a receding hairline, not sure if it is balding or just a mature hairline, also not sure if this is just a hair whorl or the start of a balding spot. your opinions are much appreciated please and thanks in advance.
*sorry if the pictures are a bit blurry
*in the hair whorl pic, the light source is perpendicular to the hair whorl area

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    917.3 KB · Views: 194
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    770 KB · Views: 191
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    324 KB · Views: 164
  • Untitled3.png
    Untitled3.png
    281.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Untitled4.png
    Untitled4.png
    213.2 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Most likely starting, but your not in bad shape. Look into getting on finasteride and move on with your life.

AllenZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most likely starting, but your not in bad shape. Look into getting on finasteride and move on with your life.
thanks for the prompt response, is your conclusion based on the hairline or the hair whorl? because although the thought of going bald isn't worrying me a lot, but if possible I'd like to keep my hair or atleast have a confirmation that Iam definitely going bald, and since all my uncles didn't go fully bald and if the whorl is normal (the hair is going different ways in that spot may be hint for that) I might aswell go only norwood 2 or 3. like my uncles and keep the hair in the top, is this a possibility or is that hair whorl telling another story? thanks again!

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ur crown is fine but hairline looks like it i thinning a bit. Get on finasteride and enjoy hair for another 15 years or so.