Am I going bald? 25 years old

Niv1356

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to a dermatologist about 4 years ago because of high heat while blow dry at a barbershop I thought it damaged my hair follicles is it possible?
Am I receding or what?
My hairline looks ok when I’m not pulling it backwards and only when wet it looks thin

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you know that?
Why the other guy said yes?
What Norwood stage am I?
Does the heat damage hair follicles hence I got a receding hairline?
The other guy is being sarcastic
You are Norwood 1. Your hairline might be maturing. How many hairs do you notice you lose a day?

Niv1356

My Regimen
Reaction score
The other guy is being sarcastic
You are Norwood 1. Your hairline might be maturing. How many hairs do you notice you lose a day?
Is Norwood 1 considered as hair loss?
What is a mature hairline ?
Can the heat that came from the blow dryer made me lose my hair?
I think about 100 hairs a day

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is Norwood 1 considered as hair loss?
What is a mature hairline ?
Can the heat that came from the blow dryer made me lose my hair?
I think about 100 hairs a day
No
It's when you age and your hair line slightly raises
No blow dryer won't give you permanent hair loss
Go see dermatologist again if you want confirmation

Niv1356

My Regimen
Reaction score
No
It's when you age and your hair line slightly raises
No blow dryer won't give you permanent hair loss
Go see dermatologist again if you want confirmation
I went to a dermatologist he told me everything is fine but I’m still worried the blow dryer made my hair thinner. It may not cause baldness but I noticed before and after the blow dryer incident my hair is more thin is it possible?
The dermatologist said my hair is looking good and no hair loss at all but I’m still worried

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Generally, correct blow drying will not harm your hair, applying heat to your hair when it's already dried causes breakage and damage. If you feel the blow dryer made your hair thinner, then avoid using it.

If your dermatologist said that you don't have hair loss, then wait some time. Give your hair some time to return back to normal and don't stress so much. Eat and drink healthy, follow a good lifestyle, and everything will be okay. It may be a temporary loss you might have experienced due to blow drying. If you will stress so much, you might find that you are losing hair due to stress, and not because of blow drying. :)