Am I Getting Side Effects From Finnasteride???

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
for a long time, I thought I was possibly getting minor side effects (I didn't get spontaneous erections) but I blew it off because I could still get very very hard when I stroked myself and I could masturbate/ejaculate 6 times a day if I wanted to. My sex drive was insane and my erection quality was still excellent (despite not getting spontaneous erections).

well, I dunno what's going on but I've been really struggling to get hard recently. I masturbated twice today and 2nd time was a real struggle and erection quality was not good. I've been on finnasteride for 10 months and this just started happening last couple weeks. I used to love masturbating and watching p**rn.

I'm 29, super healthy (workout 6 days a week), eat really well, no stress in my life. What do you guys think is going on? Am I just masturbating too much and it's catching up with me or is finasteride causing me side effects? My ejaculation volume is still very strong

Last edited:

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
6 times a day, jesus. I'd definitely say that is way, way too much for even a teenager, let alone someone almost 30 years old. I'd say take it easy on the whacking off for a month or so and then see what happens mate. If it's still worse off then there's a possibility you may have slight sides but I highly doubt it. If you don't have weak erections or a limp then you don't have erectile dysfunction.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah man it’s hard to say when you’re masturbating what can only be described as a ridiculous amount. Even twice a day at 30 is like wtf. It could just be that being almost 30 and leaving childhood behind your libido etc is on a natural decline slightly. Lay off masturbating and see if things change.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah man it’s hard to say when you’re masturbating what can only be described as a ridiculous amount. Even twice a day at 30 is like wtf. It could just be that being almost 30 and leaving childhood behind your libido etc is on a natural decline slightly. Lay off masturbating and see if things change.

you think it's just the masturbating?

I haven't had any spontaneous erections in a while

Lgr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have noticed and at first was quite concerned at the volume whilst on finestride. It is less than half the amount when not on the medication

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spontaneous erections stopped on finasteride but I don’t see that as a problem. I took a few weeks break and comes back so I know that it does affect that

I didn't have sex with a girl last night but we did get a little touchy feely - I felt my c*** starting to harden without touching it so that's a great sign

When you had sex with a girl on finasteride, were you able to get hard easily?

on the flipside, my sex drive is still very very strong and my ejaculation volume is fantastic

Lgr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I have no problems when I want it Just that one of the noticeable things being on finestride is no spontaneous morning wood and my ejaculation is not as strong as when I’m off finasteride for a few weeks

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I have no problems when I want it Just that one of the noticeable things being on finestride is no spontaneous morning wood and my ejaculation is not as strong as when I’m off finasteride for a few weeks

what about when you masturbate? Can you get hard just watching it or do you need to stroke yourself with your hand?

other question here is will these effects get any worse down the line?

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I don’t even need to touch it. For me 3 years I’ve been on it and I’ve risen at ever appropriate occasion. I can’t say you will be the same but I can’t see me developing any problems there. I had a dull ache in my balls for a few weeks at first which I also get if I stopp for a few weeks

would you be worried if you were me if I can't watch p**rn and get randomly hard? Or get morning wood?

I can still masturbate 8 times a day, my semen volume is very strong and I think I can get hard with a woman pretty easily

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d be careful. I heard about a guy who was beating it 8x a day and then could only do it 6x a day after going on Finasteride. A month later his dick fell off