am i getting propecia sides?

agente86

Reaction score
i am 21, and before starting Propecia i think i had a below average libido. I only masturbated like once a week.

I started to take 1mg every other day for about 1 month and i masturbated almost once a day to see if it was still working.
Now i am taking 1mg every day.
I don't get any random erections. But if i look at p**rn or imagine something dirty i can still get them. (not immediately tho, i have to concentrate for like 5 mins)

Yesterday at night i remember waking up like 3 times and having erections.

i dont get morning wood

what worries me is that i don't get random erections

what do you guys think?

Ende

Reaction score
Yes, something is wrong. You should have morning erections. Try 50 - 100 mg zinc picolinate a day before bed. Give it a week or two, and see if it improves.

He-Bat

Established Member
Reaction score
agente86 said:
i am 21, and before starting Propecia i think i had a below average libido. I only masturbated like once a week.

I started to take 1mg every other day for about 1 month and i masturbated almost once a day to see if it was still working.
Now i am taking 1mg every day.
I don't get any random erections. But if i look at p**rn or imagine something dirty i can still get them. (not immediately tho, i have to concentrate for like 5 mins)

Yesterday at night i remember waking up like 3 times and having erections.

i dont get morning wood

what worries me is that i don't get random erections

what do you guys think?

If you had below average libido before but you are masterbating once a day now, it's not strange you aren't always horny, I think you are worrying too much, that can also kill random erections, when you obsess about them, however, you should not loose nocturnal erections, but if you wake up 3 times in one night with an erection, you are fine, nocturnal erections don't just come in the morning, they happen many times per night in your REM sleep. I myself never have morning erections and never have, I however wake up at night all the time with a boner, that is normal for many men. Enden is right about the Zinc though, regardless of random erections, taking Zinc with Propecia is a good idea as it decreases your estrogen a bit. Propecia often leaves you with too much estrogen. Do Zinc 50-100mg for 2-3 weeks and get back to us. Don't start panicing just yet.

agente86

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know guys that i have continued taking propecia and i also started taking zinc.
I think my libido is exactly like it was before i got on propecia. I can erections easily.

The weird thing is that i dont wake up with an erection, but 30 secs after waking up i get a hard on... weir.

but i think i aint having sides, probably all in my head

thanks!