Am I getting early signs of male pattern baldness??

blacknwhiterose

Reaction score
Photo on 9-26-15 at 10.15 AM.jpgPhoto on 9-26-15 at 10.15 AM #2.jpgPhoto on 9-26-15 at 10.16 AM.jpgPhoto on 9-25-15 at 7.30 PM.jpgPhoto on 9-25-15 at 7.31 PM.jpgPhoto on 9-25-15 at 7.32 PM.jpg

hairlifted

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, but lucky for you you caught it early, so if you started some treatments now you would be well off.

blacknwhiterose

Reaction score
I was losing some hair above my temples 3 months ago I believe due to some stress (I've had a chronic stress/anxiety for the past few years). But I've also been noticing hairs coming out in my comb, and feeling slightly thinner all the way across above my forehead.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but lucky for you you caught it early, so if you started some treatments now you would be well off.

Yeah, I have extremely thick hair that I wear long, so it didn't become visible to me until a few months ago, despite seeing hairs in my comb for about a year now.

What is the best treatment to start with in my case?? I've poked around this website and a few other forums. Sounds like Rogaine Foam, Nizoral Shampoo, and Finasteride (Propecia, et al) is the most common formula. I'm frightened by the stuff I've heard about finasteride. Have heard of alternative topical options, RU58841, or some guys just starting soft on the finasteride (.25mg/day).

I'm 34 years old, have had the aforementioned problems with stress which I'm taking clonazipham for, plus I take a pill for a history I have with Crohn's disease although it's been inactive for years. Wondering what the best route is for me?

blacknwhiterose

Reaction score
What percent of men struggle with the side effects of finasteride? For those of you who started, is it wise to consult a dermatologist to figure out a pathway to treatment?