am i f*cked? side effects from finasteride?

ihatemylife223

My Regimen
Reaction score
i started taking finasteride about 2 months ago. i started off with 1.25 mg EOD (i sucked at cutting the pills so it was about 1-2 mg) then i cut down to .625 MWF.

i started to notice a pain and slight tenderness around the left side of my chest and sometimes a small pricking sensation. i've kept an eye on it and i don't notice gyno or anything different i'm not sure if i'm psyching myself out because after i felt it at first i kept looking into gyno side effects from finasteride non stop out of paranoia and my mind does play tricks on me sometimes.

when i'm doing something or keeping busy i don't notice it as much and i don't feel anything different there. i've been reading it and the studies showed that <1% of people get gyno from finasteride and some studies there wasn't much difference between placebo. gyno a really rare side from finasteride right?

sdaak

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are probably experiencing some kind of nocebo phenomenon.
Best advice i can give you is getting it checked out if it freaks you out to much, and then either learn how to deal with your hypochondria or stop taking it. Living under chronic stress ( and even worse stress generated by hypochondria ) is intense and can actually have consequences on your well being, it is not a joke.

Ps : there's literally dozens of causes why you may have a little pricking sensation in the chest, stress being one of them.