Am I doing something Wrong?

Thomaseg1975

Reaction score
I just started my 8th month on propecia and havent really seen improvement. My hairline has actually worsend a little and my bald spot just a tad bigger. Dont really know where to turn at this point. I just starting minoxidil last week and hoping it helps! I mean is it normal to everyday shake my head, run my fingers through my hair and hair fall in the sink..This has been happening since month 3 on propecia..Overall I would say my condition has not improved, just buying me a little more time..Should I stick this out a few more months or just say that Propecia is not going to work for me? One thing I do know for sure, my hair was fuller and had a better hairline before i started taking propecia.. Ive heard nothing but great things about Avodart and thinking about trying..I mean will Avodart even work for me if Propecia is not? Any helpful advice would be appreciated..Oh by the way, the scary thing is my hair is thin in top, and when i give it a little pull, 2-3 hairs come out with white bulbs..Did I lose that hair forever, or will that grow back and why does it come out so easy

lossing my hair

Established Member
Reaction score
thomaseg, i know it's hard to take the best hair loss product and not see it at least halting your hair loss. if i was you i'll give it a year before making a decision. the mark to see full benefits is 2 years but if by year 1 you don't see it at least halting your hair loss merck recommends to stop the treatment. those white bulb are telogen hair. it will grow back. to answer your question about avodart. if propecia at the end don't come out working for you. it doesn't mean avodart wont work, but it varies. what has me skeptical about avodart is why the clinical trials for male pattern baldness was cancelled. something must have gone wrong.