Am I Diffuse Thinning ? 16 Years Old

Vul123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I am a 16 year of Asian male and recently noticed a spot at my crown. I was hoping to get some opinion on how to precede and even if it is hairloss. I don't want to be in denial but my natural hair density around my entire head is quite low and I don't know if that contributes to having a spot on my crown. Definitely does not help that my cowlick is right on top of my crown
On my Mother side I have my grandpa who started to diffuse thin around 50 and my Dad side he and his family has full sets of hair.

- Red spots are from pityrosporum folliculitis (diagnose from derm)

Taking fluconazoe 100mg every week

Multiple Angles/Wet/Dry

https://imgur.com/a/Ohre7Yy

I am really worried as my hair is a big part of me atm but I would rather accept it and move on rather than constantly worrying about it

Thank you!

Last edited:

Zülfiqar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks fine, kid, now get the hell out of here and enjoy your youth, ya rascal!

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yoadrian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
get a real hair problem and come back..hate seeing the younger generation come in here when they don't have a hair problem....

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like thinning to me. A lot of oldies are really averse to the notion that teenagers can start balding... but I've seen 15YEAR OLD guys with advanced norwoods, not even joking.

There was a guy in my high school graduating class two years ago who was full on Jude Law nw4-5 with thinning. srs

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah because I don't see anything to be concerned over. That appears to be your normal "cowlick."

I have no idea. My uncle blamed his hair loss on this, but it sounded like a bullshit excuse to me.
My side burn has thinking wear my cap ring sits by the ear. In a small horizontal line.

Vul123

My Regimen
Reaction score
20190325_210234.jpg 20190331_113517.jpg 20190402_182000.jpg 20190402_201731.jpg 20190403_203707.jpg 20190403_203737.jpg
2 Month update
1st and 4th picture has wet hair
6 picture has camera flash on
2 and 3 has natural lighting
No temple recession at all.
Feel like I am losing hair in the front

Nils arne

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is nothing to worry about, just get out of here, and never turn back, live your life

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That 2nd/3rd picture in the imgur link and that you are Asian, is very telling.

I see this type of crown hair loss on a lot of old/mature Asian men when I see them from behind. They have have a good hairline but the crown is missing.

I would keep monitoring and if it gets worse theres always finasteride and minoxidil.

Vul123

My Regimen
Reaction score
(UPDATE 6/21/19)
20190620_234803.jpg

Left is picture taken from the back of head and the right is picture taken in the front (Both Wet/Same Lighting Conditions)
In these pictures I do some miniaturization on both pictures but I would account it at 4% of my hair

20190621_000440.jpg
Front progressively looking thinner every month. Can no longer style my hair this way unfortunately.

20190618_202720.jpg
Hairline remains some where between 0.4 and 0.8 Norwood (No change last 6 months)

20190621_000620.jpg
(Wet)
Crown remains much or more the same compared to 6 months ago

Summary
- Hair loss rate remains the same (15 - 20 hairs in shower)
- Hair Density throughout the entire scalp is the same
- Getting worst as the months go by
It's like I'm losing my hair and not growing it back for some reason even though my hairline is intact.