Am I developing gyno from finasteride after 4 years?

Baldingat188

Reaction score
For some background info I have been taking finasteride for 4+ years for my diffuse thinning and have maintained my hair. Just recently ( about a week ago) I am noticing a tenderness under my right breast area/ near the armpit. I am not able to see a lump or any enlargement.

what are the chances I would just develop gyno after 4 years of taking? I am not sure if it is just anxiety, but the pain/tenderness is definitely real. Obviously, I don’t want to have to stop taking finasteride.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For some background info I have been taking finasteride for 4+ years for my diffuse thinning and have maintained my hair. Just recently ( about a week ago) I am noticing a tenderness under my right breast area/ near the armpit. I am not able to see a lump or any enlargement.

what are the chances I would just develop gyno after 4 years of taking? I am not sure if it is just anxiety, but the pain/tenderness is definitely real. Obviously, I don’t want to have to stop taking finasteride.
What does are you taking?

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am currently freaked about gyno as well. Been taking 0.25mg finasteride for 6 months.

I will say this. If it is near the arm pit you most lilely don't have gyno. Gyno would be around the nipple area. You may have slightly torn a muscle. I torn mine about 2 to 3 months ago and still have not fully recovered from it and get weird feeling in my entire chest.

But I am currently worried about gyno too. Just trying to watch and feel. Been obsessing for two days. I am really trying to forget for a week.

Some advice is to try to stop touching anything. Take some pictures from 3 angles. Straigh ahead. 90 degrees. 45 degrees. Take one set with your arms by your side and the other with them over your head. If it is gyno it should look like it. Also when you raise your arms a normal male chest should strecth out be taught. If it gyno it would stay down more like a female breast. I understand you (and me) are worried it is just starting, however. So all you can do is feel and wait a week and check again and just continue this cycle for a number of weeks (2 to 4) Hopefully it is nothing and you can eventually just move on. And then after that just keep your alert up about it.

I am trying to stay calm and take it slow. Sorry I typed so much. I guess you can also tell I am anxious.
Any burning in the breast area?