Am I balding?

ipmeister

Reaction score
First off, i would like to inform those who my post that my native language is not English.

Right now i'm 24 years old and I think around two years ago I started to notice that my hair was slowly thinning at the temples. I pannicked quite a bit and checked the internet for clues. There I found that most man get a mature hairline about the age of 20 to 25, so i didn't worry too much after that. Unfortunattely the recession continued, and it is now to a point where i highly doubt that is a hairline that is maturing.
So around 3 months ago I went to a dermatologist. She looked shortly at my hair and stated:''someone with such thick hair can't be balding''. She told me not to worry and said that the balding gene comes from the mothers side.
In my moms side of the family a lot of older man still has good hair. My uncle of 50 years old still has the same hair as when he was 18, and my other uncle which is 66 is around a NW3-4. I dont think that is bad at all for a man of such age. My mom also still has incredible thick hair without any hair loss. My farthers side is a disaster. My 24y old cousin is a NW4 and my 27 year old cousin is a NW3-4. My dad is completely bald, and so is his brother. When we are at family meetings, i'm serieusly the only one left with decent hair. Long story short: I went home and thought well, maybe i'm really not balding. Now three months further I have the feeling my hair kind off receded a little bit more, and i really need advice on my hair: is it balding, or is it just maturing?
I've shown my temples to my parents, but both of them also say that i'm not balding and that i've always had these kind of temples.
Personally, I think i'm slowing receding. It will probably still not be noticable, but in a year or two people will start to notice.
So my question is: maturing or balding? And if balding, what kind of treathment should I take? Im not going to start Finasteride. Yes hair is important, but research has shown that Finasteride can affect sperm in a negative way. If you already have weak sperm, this could mean your sperm will be damaged so badly that you can become infertile. I've never tested my sperm, but I just dont want to take this risk.
I've read some things in Breezula(CB-03-01). I hope it comes out before my recession is at a point where it is horrible.

The pictures i uploaded are made right after the shower in 03/2016, I made some extra light fall on the hair so it is as best as possible to see how far my recession is. The first pictures are from july 2013. It gives an indincation of how my hair looked back then. My hair isnt wet unfortunattely in those pictures. The last pictures are taken in 03/2016 with dry hair.

4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg1.jpg7.jpg8.jpg2.jpg9.jpg

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it just that one temple that has receded? I would personally say that with your strong family history of hair loss, it probably is in the VERY early process. I would say either take more pictures in a few months in the same lighting/angle and compare or hop on Finasteride right away.

ipmeister

Reaction score
Thank you for your repply! My other temple is receded in the same way. Unfortunatelly my right eye is lazy, so taking pictures from my right temple was harder haha

molybdenum

Reaction score
Temples are slightly recessed, but overall, it looks good. How does the crown look? Are you noticing any thinning in other areas?

ipmeister

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply! No the rest looks the same. The temples are the only tplaces that are recessing atm. Should I start taking minoxidil or other treatments? And am I balding? Or is this just a maturing proces?

molybdenum

Reaction score
See a dermatologist if you are concerned.

Personally, I would take photos in the same conditions every month and monitor for changes.

If the time comes where you have been prescribed Finasteride and you are considering taking, just be sure to do your research and be aware of potential risks.

Mandon

Reaction score
If you are, it's very mild and I wouldn't worry about it too much, since it's happening at the crown and the hair itself isn't thinning

ivan3344

Reaction score
Mate, i think your hair looks very good to me. Why you looking that now, try to cut your hair and see are you balding on mirror.

ipmeister

Reaction score
Well, I went to a dermotologist. She said i'm not balding from hormones, but I have a auto-immuun decease which attacks my hair on my body. I have a lot of infected hair follicles on my legs, and I guesse it's also on top of my head. So I'll be using a cortison cream. I dont know if I should be happy or not about this development tbh.