Am I Balding? Please Help And Let Me Know If I Am Thinning

amilosingit1986

My Regimen
Reaction score
I ve always had cowlicks towards the back of my scalp. One is a "spiral" on the left side of my head and the other creates a "part" on the back right side of my head. The other day my sister suggested my hair was thinning. I m a thirty year old man in generally good health. I do not have a family history of hair loss, that is known of at least. I also have recently been growing my hair out, for a different hair style, and wonder if the longer hair is just "parting" and making my cowlicks/scalp more prevalent/noticeable in certain hair positions and lighting? or am i beginning to thin? I took different pictures with different lighting and different hair positions on the cowlicks. Please let me know if my hair is thinning or what you think!

20170317_044813.jpg
20170317_044834.jpg
20170317_044847.jpg
20170317_044851.jpg
20170317_044902.jpg
20170317_044939.jpg
20170317_045007.jpg
Hey guys,

Last edited:

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah it seems like it tbh. The cowlick seems to extend forward over your scalp indicating it isn't just a cowlick but some actual thinning going on. At 31 years of age your hair is fantastic. Consider medicating. Worst comes to worst you are noticeably bald by 40.

amilosingit1986

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it seems like it tbh. The cowlick seems to extend forward over your scalp indicating it isn't just a cowlick but some actual thinning going on. At 31 years of age your hair is fantastic. Consider medicating. Worst comes to worst you are noticeably bald by 40.

i posted better pictures.. i had alot of hair clay in my hair in the prior pics and it was "clumping" the hair in my cowlick regions. let me know if these update pictures change anything?

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i ve been taking creatine recently. I am going to stop this. I ve read that creatine may increase DHT.

Do you recommend i try rogain?
I also heard ketoconzale shampoo may help.
In my opinion you only need finasteride, but yeah you can use rogaine too.

ketoconzale is good for inflammation, dandruff and itchy.

DT23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I ve always had cowlicks towards the back of my scalp. One is a "spiral" on the left side of my head and the other creates a "part" on the back right side of my head. The other day my sister suggested my hair was thinning. I m a thirty year old man in generally good health. I do not have a family history of hair loss, that is known of at least. I also have recently been growing my hair out, for a different hair style, and wonder if the longer hair is just "parting" and making my cowlicks/scalp more prevalent/noticeable in certain hair positions and lighting? or am i beginning to thin? I took different pictures with different lighting and different hair positions on the cowlicks. Please let me know if my hair is thinning or what you think!

View attachment 50560 View attachment 50561 View attachment 50562 View attachment 50563 View attachment 50564 View attachment 50565 View attachment 50566 Hey guys,

Very early stages dude, I wouldn't worry about it, but use the time you have to either come to terms with it and let it be, or to take action and speak to your doctor.
Would much appreciate some advice on mine in return. Thanks and all the best.

austintheberg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like some diffusing. However, if you hadn't have brought it up, nobody'd notice. I'd keep an eye on it, man.

amilosingit1986

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like some diffusing. However, if you hadn't have brought it up, nobody'd notice. I'd keep an eye on it, man.
hey thanks man. I will keep my eye on it.

Currently i m stopping creatine supplementation and now I have ketoconzale shampoo. I hope this will help.

Let me know if you have another suggestion.