Am I balding, or will my hair stay the same (picture inside)

JaseG

Reaction score
Hi,

I am 29 years old. Since I was aged 15, I have had very high temples/hairline. I used to ask the hairdresser to not cut too short on my fringe/temples. My father is aged 59, and still has a full head of hair (tho starting to thin on top) but he has also always had a very high hairline/temples like me.

Am I balding fast? do I need to start med?
Please help....

24012008708lk1.jpg

CCS

Reaction score
look at a picture of you at age 17 and a picture now. Get out a ruler, measure the height of your head and height of your forehead.

Part your hair on top and on the sides and see if they are the same density or not. Take the light source angle into account and use more than one mirror if needed.

Many balding guys don't look like their parents. My brother and I are NW6 bound, and we don't know of anyone in our family that is balding, except my mother's father.

Also, these days, it is hard to know who your biological father actually is.

And some people do bald to a point and stop, and some people stay good till 30 then bald all of a sudden, and some have a progressive rate. Dr Packart Balded to a slick NW5.5, with very dense sides, and seems to be staying right there. I doubt he'll ever hit NW7. 90% of men at some point lose as much hair as you've lost.

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess there's no definate answer to whether your hair will stay the same. Regardless, with a good family history of very limited hairloss and the fact that you have so much at 29 seems like a good sign. There's a lot of stuff on this forum about a mature hairline, which starts right around the time you start growing facial hair. Look around, almost every man has one. As for meds, I wouldn;t start unless you know for sure. There's plenty of reasons for that. Good luck.

JaseG

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
look at a picture of you at age 17 and a picture now. Get out a ruler, measure the height of your head and height of your forehead.

Picture aged 12 years ago (used to comb over my temples);

10yrll4.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, anyone else?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
temples definitely receeded but nothing dramatic, its part of aging.

I dont think you need to start meds yet personally.

JaseG

Reaction score
The front of my hair feels very out of condition and weak, and grey.. maybe because its grey it looks thinner (though in the pic it doesnt look like my hair is very grey). thanks for the feedback. take care,

RaginDemon

Reaction score
masculineyourheart said:

Awesome.

Well its not a suprise when CCS came out with classic lines like that.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
masculineyourheart said:

Awesome.

Well its not a suprise when CCS came out with classic lines like that.

JaseG

Reaction score
The front of my hair is so gray, thinning and shredding.... should I start rogaine foam? if so how often should i use it?

Could someone please advise.... or should I leave it a couple yrs?

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
If you think that you are losing your hair, then you probably are.

Search for "the big 3" in the forums and take it from there.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I think your hair looks awesome. Thats how a 30 year old guys hair is ment to look. It looks very distinguished and manly, I dont think you need any meds either, you will most likely retain that hairline for the rest of your life I would suspect.
But dont quote me on that.