Am I Balding Or Is It Me Just Being Paranoid?

Gson

My Regimen
Reaction score
19 years old.

My hair is not that dense, but comparing my doublecrown with other areas of my head, it's less dense. Furthermore, I often rub my hand in that area and it's very likely that one hair strain, a weak one, comes into my hand with yellow thing under each and every hair strain I've ever got from there..

Background: My father contracted hairloss, due to stress and other factors, one of them not being able to take care his hair properly, resulting in somewhat major hairloss during showering. Once using gel back in the 80's when it was new in that area, he lost a big chunk of hair during shower.

My father says that he is the only one in the family who has contracted hairloss. He used to have thick and dense hair. My uncle is 65 and, like me, he has less dense hair and no receeding hairline, however his crown is full and dense as if he's in his 20's or something.. My grandpa also had full and dense hair, unlike me.

When it comes from my mothers side, my mothers father did have thinning hairloss during his 50's and 60's, it started from the hair whorl. 3 of 4 of my mothers brothers fell in the same lane as my mothers father and had the exact same hair loss as him.

Recently few of my friends have told me that my hair is less dense around the whorl And It Got Me Stressed For Real.. So now to the main question, considering the uploaded pic, does it look like I'm balding?

Attachments

• 20180902_132528.jpg
    20180902_132528.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 286

re17

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yah it looks like your hair is losing density. I believe your hair is thinning.
If you're new to the site, there are very real treatments that will let you keep your hair for a long time. Look into medicines like Finasteride and Minoxidil (also known as Rogaine). You'll need a prescription for the finasteride, but if you visit a dermatologist it should be no trouble.

Also, the website Hims is very helpful. depending on where you live they can give you the prescription themselves.

Gson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yah it looks like your hair is losing density. I believe your hair is thinning.
If you're new to the site, there are very real treatments that will let you keep your hair for a long time. Look into medicines like Finasteride and Minoxidil (also known as Rogaine). You'll need a prescription for the finasteride, but if you visit a dermatologist it should be no trouble.

Also, the website Hims is very helpful. depending on where you live they can give you the prescription themselves.
Big up, thanks!

re17

My Regimen
Reaction score
no problem. a lot of people on this website can be unhelpful or vague with their info.
good luck. you caught your recession at a good time, so you should be set my guy

Dinesh v

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi people..idk whether im having crown thinning or its a normal crown..last year my father passed away..after 2 months my hairfall has been increased..now it has been 1 yr since my father passed away..just tell that my crown thinning its because of stress or im actually going bald

This pics was taken may 15-2018 20180516_005331.jpg

This pic was taken aug 2-201820180802_214604.jpg

This pic was taken sep 2- 201820180902_175943.jpg

re17

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey man you should make your own thread! not trying to be mean i just think you may get a better response out of the forum.
in the first pic, your hair looks thin the tiniest bit, but that could easily just be lighting. the other two pictures look very normal.
I do see what you are worried about. There is no harm in visiting a dermatologist, they can help!