Am I Balding? Mature Hairline? Opinions?!

Emrys

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello!

First time posting on this website because I wanted some feedback. Does it look like my hairline is beginning to recede? I've always had a widows peak as a kid and I always had those dips on my temples. I'm just not sure if they've been that far back and I'm just being paranoid or not. I'm planning on growing my hair out and slicking it back. But, I'm not sure if it will look good with the way my hairline is looking. Thoughts?

Pictures attached.

Attachments

• 20171116_154855.jpg
    20171116_154855.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 589
  • 20171116_154929.jpg
    20171116_154929.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 521
  • 20171116-155019.jpg
    20171116-155019.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 585
  • 20171116-155109.jpg
    20171116-155109.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 563
  • 20171116-155146.jpg
    20171116-155146.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 593

Almsoo7

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's definitely a receding hairline. Suggest you start some treatment to slow down the process.

Emrys

My Regimen
Reaction score
You think I'll look goofy if I attempted a man bun or just long slicked back hair? I don't wanna be "that guy" you see in public with long balding hair that people say "he just needs to accept his balding and shave that thing.

Worried I'll look like Nicolas Cage from Con Air LOL. What do you guys think? Does it honestly look that bad? I really appreciate the feedback.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still quite good hair for being 30. Get on the proven medicine maybe it'll help you regrow! The overall density looks good.

Emrys

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the words of encouragement. In your personal opinions, you think I can pull off a long hair look?

Here's my hairline from 6 years ago:

Attachments

• 20171118_104808.jpg
    20171118_104808.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 435
  • 20171118_104745.jpg
    20171118_104745.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 414

Artisan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the words of encouragement. In your personal opinions, you think I can pull off a long hair look?

Here's my hairline from 6 years ago:

I think your hair looks better now! I reckon you'd suit the long hair look.

Emrys

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your hair looks better now! I reckon you'd suit the long hair look.

Curiously, what makes my hair look better now? Those 2 pictures I just posted shows a more boxy and fuller hairline in my opinion. You think I'd be able to tie my hair back without looking awkward?

Artisan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They do show a fuller and boxier hairline but I think you've maintained hair density well elsewhere. No idea about tying it back, probably need to take into account your facial features. Was thinking more medium length. Main thing is just go with what your comfortable with.

Emrys

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been applying Minoxidil to the front temple area for the last few days, but, I'm unsure how much it will help since I'm not sure there are follicles there anymore. From what I understand, it's a vasodilator and will only aid in the 'regrowth' of existing follicles by increasing blood flow to the applied area. I guess time will tell.

Artisan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been applying Minoxidil to the front temple area for the last few days, but, I'm unsure how much it will help since I'm not sure there are follicles there anymore. From what I understand, it's a vasodilator and will only aid in the 'regrowth' of existing follicles by increasing blood flow to the applied area. I guess time will tell.

Minoxidil, really mixed views on this forum but I think the general consensus is that it can be a little useless and can cause shedding initially. Like others mentioned it’s probably a good idea to start seriously considering finasteride

Emrys

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've actually been experimenting with Minoxidil for facial hair and it has worked worked wonders with the only side effect being hair growth and dry skin from the carrier liquids (propylene glycol and alcohol). Easily combatted by moisturizing daily. I'm worried about taking finasteride due to people complaining about labido and ED. I'd rather be bald than having to deal with issues in the bedroom.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
haircuttalk.com

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could definitely rock a manbun, although I hate manbuns. Your hair looks really good for 30. You have a great headshape for a buzz cut though. Think you look better with the buzz.

Emrys

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can a person inherit his hairline from his mother?

I think that's where it comes from since your mother passes the X (egg) chromosome and the father passes the Y (sperm). Not 100% though.

You could definitely rock a manbun, although I hate manbuns. Your hair looks really good for 30. You have a great headshape for a buzz cut though. Think you look better with the buzz.

Haha, thanks man! Confidence booster for sure. I've had short hair my whole life and wanna try something different since I'm getting older and options are becoming limited. Just didn't wanna spend a year growing it out for it to look like this:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171118-163018.jpg
    Screenshot_20171118-163018.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 279

Artisan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

EMRYS - If you ever rock a manbun I will hunt you down and murder you ;)