Am I Balding At The Top? Barber Says Yes

hairlossornot92

My Regimen
Reaction score
EDIT: Sorry, didn't mean to post this twice. Please delete.

Hi!

27 years old. Barber says he noticed a bit of thinning on the top, over the last two years.
I am not sure if I noticed the same.. I feel like he's right, but my haircuts got progressively shorter and the barber is working with thinning scissors a lot (which could give the impression of less volume), so I don't know.

Temples are perfectly fine, I have a convenient tiny lipoma right on the edge that didn't move at all over the last few years.

Here's a quick video of my scalp: https://imgur.com/a/gSkYKHL

Any input appreciated, thanks!

Raphael84

My Regimen
Reaction score
@hairlossornot92
How are you?
You appear to have good hair calibre. I could be wrong but your hair in the video appears like it may have product in it? A wax would stick/group the hairs together which makes it hard to analyse. It would appear that your crown shows scalp, but your hair doesn't seem to show miniaturisation. Its hard to say.
If you could provide more photos with wet hair, and without product it may allow to better evaluate your hair.

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your barber is a moron and you are not balding.Dont worry at all.

hz123456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your hair looks really good and would never guess you had any signs of thinning.

That said, based on what your barber said, I would heed his warning. Its far easier to prevent male pattern baldness than to treat it. Your hair still looks really good, but its not about the static state more so the change in state. If you had denser/thicker hair two years ago then the culprit could certainly be male pattern baldness, and although its not causing any problems right now, it could in the future.

If anything monitor your scalp/take photos and if you notice anything that suggests male pattern baldness, just jump on finasteride.