Am I Balding? And How Bad Is It? 21 Years Old

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I know you have seen this question countless of times. But is this male pattern baldness? I ask because I seem to lose hair more on the sides (actually between sides and top) rather than on my hairline\top.

Do you think it is bad? I am seeing a dermatologist soon.

imgur.com/a/9Swxe (I have used flash in all pics but the first one, so it might looks worse than it is)

Last edited:

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thinning on sides and back of the head sometimes is a part of male pattern baldness, and can serve as an indicator of high-grade Norwood in future. I am "lucky" to have such thinning, but, fortunately, caught it early. Also it can be Telogen Effluvium or other form of alopecia, you need to provide some pics for better evaluation. Btw, I like your nickname.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have posted pics in the imgur link above. For some reason I can't upload here for "security reasons". Dafuq.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hm, I don't know, for me it seems like you have some thin spots on the top too, but your density is still enough to hide it somehow. It's hard to tell due to agressive lighting and your current hairstyle. Try to comb hair forward instead.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will add more pictures later. From those pics do you think it is bad? Finasteride would be enough for me? I kind of don't want to use min.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
totally fine m8

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean my GP said it is likely I have male pattern baldness, so not that fine haha.
I have alos notices a lot more shedding and thinning lately, so...

shinigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
This looks totally fine unless you are losing hair on crown.

Males generally go through a phase in their late teens/early 20s where they get a 'mature hairline'. During that phase, you can lose some hair on temples and the hairline may recede a bit but that's perfectly normal. You shouldn't be worried. Please post more picture for better review.