Am i balding ? 20 years old

James333

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could this be what is called maturing hairline ? or am i balding. Baldness runs through my mother's side her father and brothers started losing their hair when they were around 25 years olds. My father started losing hair lately 50yrs+. From what i know baldness comes through our maternal side.

I was thinking about getting on finasteride but long term side effects(gyno, prostate cancer) scared me.

Would you recommend starting finasteride ? if yes is it okay if i take Proscar instead ? wherever i am currently its kinda hard getting Propecia one.

And do i have to take finasteride my whole life ?or i can stop it at some point.

Sorry for the bad picture quality. Also please note that pictures on my crown area are taken with flashlight and it makes it look worse than its actually is.

Any advice is appreciated.

rippedgenius

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a bit of thinning but as mentioned above, Finasteride is a lifetime commitment until you reach an age where the state of your hair doesn't make you insecure.

Your 20, I'd focus more on chasing tail while there's uncertainty if you're going bald, and address it at a more appropriate age like 25. Unless your hair fall out gets aggressive year on year.

James333

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a bit of thinning but as mentioned above, Finasteride is a lifetime commitment until you reach an age where the state of your hair doesn't make you insecure.

Your 20, I'd focus more on chasing tail while there's uncertainty if you're going bald, and address it at a more appropriate age like 25. Unless your hair fall out gets aggressive year on year.
if you start finasteride, it is a lifetime commitment
At the age of 20 is not it little bit early? body is not fully developed and i am afraid hormone blockers might ruin everything .And what about the sides how common are they : Gyno, Breast/prostate cancer and is it possible to control them before they go too far ? like what can be the signs that i am developing gyno