Am I Applying minoxidil Foam Correctly?

catch21

Reaction score
So the stuff I use didn't seem to have very specific direction. I have thinning of hair on my entire head and a bit on the left side, as well as outright receded hairline. It's not horrific yet but definitely obvious. I began using foam back in August, and I haven't really noticed anything, no shedding, no regrowth, just continual slow thinning/falling out. I plan to continue on with it, but I was wondering if I might not be using it right. I don't use the liquid because it seemed so messy, so for the foam I just put it on my hands and rub it into the hair, using a half cap. I don't rub a ton, just enough so you can't see it anymore and it seems to dry quick.

Should I be using more since i'm using it on most of my head, or rubbing it in more? Any advice is appreciated, I just want to make sure i'm doing it right before I judge.

I had tried to see if they had stronger minoxidil in foam form but could not find any.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So the stuff I use didn't seem to have very specific direction. I have thinning of hair on my entire head and a bit on the left side, as well as outright receded hairline. It's not horrific yet but definitely obvious. I began using foam back in August, and I haven't really noticed anything, no shedding, no regrowth, just continual slow thinning/falling out. I plan to continue on with it, but I was wondering if I might not be using it right. I don't use the liquid because it seemed so messy, so for the foam I just put it on my hands and rub it into the hair, using a half cap. I don't rub a ton, just enough so you can't see it anymore and it seems to dry quick.

Should I be using more since i'm using it on most of my head, or rubbing it in more? Any advice is appreciated, I just want to make sure i'm doing it right before I judge.

I had tried to see if they had stronger minoxidil in foam form but could not find any.
On average it takes four hours for the scalp toabsorb it. Foam and liquid are equal. Foam won't cause dandruff. Liquid does.

catch21

Reaction score
Should I be rubbing it in more? Also, sometimes when I put the stuff in the cap and then in my hand, it seems to rapidly dissolve into a puddle of nothing within a second or two, it's kind of weird.

Jambo

Reaction score
Should I be rubbing it in more? Also, sometimes when I put the stuff in the cap and then in my hand, it seems to rapidly dissolve into a puddle of nothing within a second or two, it's kind of weird.

That's because your hands are warm. Run them under cold water and dry before using the foam.

Also I wouldn't bother putting it in the cap. Straight on your hand is fine. You should be able to judge the amount okay.

catch21

Reaction score
I will try that tonight, never even thought of something like that. It's not hard to make my hands cold that's for sure :p