Am I allergic to propecia?

arya

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am on propecia for a week now but I already started shedding badly. I know people usually experience shedding after 2/3 months. Isn’t it unusual to start shedding right after starting propecia?? Does it mean, I am allergic to propecia or something like that?? What could be reason behind it?? Should I stop using it??

Or say for example, if the reason of my hair loss wasn’t male pattern baldness (because I was in severe tress for last 3 years), could use of propecia has this kind of reaction Pleasee help.

arya

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Bismarck thanks for your reply. I am not familiar with the term “Deaner syndromeâ€￾. Could u please explain this a bit, if possible. Is it good or bad thing?

misterium

Reaction score
LMAO !

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
don't play with the guy, he's asking a fair question - give him some good advice.

i would, but i don't have any answers for you buddy. i doubt you immiediate apparanet hair loss is an "allergic reaction", maybe its just pyschological. i personally have been on propecia for about a month now, and seem to be experiencing a slight acceleration in hair loss - possible soem kind of shedding. i'm just gonna try to ride it out.

good luck with it.

arya

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice guys. Well, in any case, I will stick to it. I am not sure if it’s psychological because I see visible difference in my bathtub. I am little scared of using propecia, as I am not even sure if I have male pattern baldness. Because, I saw the three generations of my parents(both) side. None of them even close to bold. Both of my grandfathers had full set of hair until the last day of their life. My dermatologist doesn’t seem to care about the cause of my hair loss. He didn’t even bother to check my scalp. All he did, prescribed me the medicine. I live in Montreal, Canada and looking for a dermatologist who have some interest and experience in hair loss treatment, who would, at least, run some test on me to find out the cause. But I don’t know how to find one. Tried google, but no luck yet. :(