Am I A Good Candidate For Hair Transplant?

Am I a good candidate?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Lethorn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Since my early 20s I saw my hairs thinned out, which undermine my confidence. Last time I started to think in earnest about getting my hair transplant. I wrote to doctor and sent him pictures of my head, and he said that im a good candidate for surgery, because my donor area is quite big. He evaluated my hair loos in grade 3 Norwood. Also I heard that many people does not recommend hair transplantation before age 30.

Could someone please evaluate photos of my hairs, if I am a good candidate to get my hair transplant?

Thanks!

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 214
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 204
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 194
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 208

I could hair less

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't use the vote bc the question you posed is a LOADED one lol...while your donor hair looks plenty and of good quality, if you dont control your hairloss (Finasteride?) than you will need to go back for another hair transplant in just a few yrs when the rest of your hair falls out and thins...best wait till its under control to get surgery.

MikeConner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most surgeons don't like to perform the surgery on men who are younger than mid twenties, although it's not unheard of. Thirties and older is generally seen as ideal.

I agree with I could hair less. Get on finasteride and a surgeon will be more likely to view you as a candidate, since it gives you a chance to slow down or halt your hairloss, with the best case scenario being a thickening of the hair of the crown and top of the head (finasteride is not usually known to have much effect on the frontal hairline and temples, so those would be the areas surgery would be tackling).

However, I imagine you may be wanting to get that done and some extra to add some density to the top and crown as well, which is why you should really consider getting on finasteride and seeing how you respond to get the best results possible.

Minoxodil is also recommended, although personally I could never stand the stuff.

Just out of curiosity, which hair transplant doctor/clinic did you contact? That will also factor into the best results possible of course.

Best of luck to you on your hair journey!