Am I a good candidate for FUE?

mayo783

Reaction score
Hey,
Im 23, have a reciding hairline/temples, and crown thinning. I have been on rogaine for 1.5 yrs, and propecia for 14 months (however only 6 months on prescription, the rest of the time was online pharmacy finasteride). Ive also been using nizoral for atleast a year now too.

I went to a Hair Clinic today for the first time today and they said I was a candidate for FUE, however partially do the cost and fear of looking ridiculous in 10 yrs, I am very hesitant to do it.

I cant say if the Big 3 has been making it better or worse, so I guess that means its atleast partially working, but I was hoping for some opinions on whether or not to seriously consider FUE and any info on it from anyone whose had it.

Thanks

KP211

Established Member
Reaction score
yea you should wait, I just got my first hair transplant and im 37 I been loosing my hair since I was 18 i thought i would be bald by 30 and wasn't . So my hair loss has been a very slow process thats why I decided to get a hair transplant now because I dont think Im gonna be one of those guys who is gonna lose all of his hair.I hope that I will be able to maintain what I have untill something serious comes out . For me I think that propecia and saw palmetto helped keep my existing hair, I tried rogaine on a couple occasions and I thought it always made my hair look worse so I just felt it wasnt for me. What im trying to say is we are all different were all going to loose are hair differently some lose there hair very fast some lose it slowly and some dont lose their hair at all. You should look at your dad uncles and if there bald ask them when they started losing and at what age. My dad is 64 and he still has hair but he had a receded hairline and a bald spot at a young age and he never used anything to combat it . Thats why its so hard to say if something is working you hear all the time that i have not lost any hair why using this product but unless you have regrown hair you really dont know if its working because like I said we all go bald differently. Your still young give rogaine a chance you might be a good responder and propecia. See were you stand by 30 hopefully we will have a cure by then or something close to that , but if not if you still have some hair and thats your best hope by then, then go for it.Get a hair transplant but if you decide to do it early your going to have to keep up with it with more surgeries and that can be quite costly.If you have a lot of money then it might be a good option but if not i would wait and try to be proactive with some preventive medicine. good luck