Bald.jpg
bald2.jpg
Bald.jpg
bald3.jpg

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, it doesn't look great. Your hair around the area looks really strong and healthy, but if you're noticing a ton of hair coming out when you comb/brush or in the shower, it may not be as strong as it looks. I'd suggest getting on Finasteride. I'm pretty sure you'll respond well to it, as you seem to have the issue I did, and I no longer have a noticeable spot. Best of luck.

SaltyGambler

Reaction score
Well, it doesn't look great. Your hair around the area looks really strong and healthy, but if you're noticing a ton of hair coming out when you comb/brush or in the shower, it may not be as strong as it looks. I'd suggest getting on Finasteride. I'm pretty sure you'll respond well to it, as you seem to have the issue I did, and I no longer have a noticeable spot. Best of luck.
There are no hairs falling out from what I can notice. How would I go about getting on Finasteride and would I also need minoxidil?

menbram

Reaction score
Your hair looks pretty thick and strong, that crown is looking thinner than the rest of your hair. Monitor it for 3 months or so. If it is getting worse you are probably prone to male pattern baldness. Start with minoxidil if you think that your crown is getting wrecked, fina is pretty aggresive and with your loss i think it is too much to begin with.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
No? Doesn't look like you are balding at all. Have you heard of something called a cowlick? Everyone with hair has that. RELAX.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
No? Doesn't look like you are balding at all. Have you heard of something called a cowlick? Everyone with hair has that. RELAX.

This, I don't know what the others are talking about. Just take pictures every few months if you're worried about it.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
No. Only 20% balding.

It could be early balding, but it could just be normal for you. It kind of looks like some miniaturization though. You should keep an eye on it, and take good pictures of your hairline to compare in a few months and see if there is any change. Nothing to worry about now though.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
No. Only 20% balding.

It could be early balding, but it could just be normal for you. It kind of looks like some miniaturization though. You should keep an eye on it, and take good pictures of your hairline to compare in a few months and see if there is any change. Nothing to worry about now though.
How do you see any miniaturization from those photos? This kids going to have a panic attack from all these replies when he probably has no hair loss whatsoever.

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It honestly might be just a strong cowlick. I don't know for sure. But if you do eventually think it's something and want to combat it, here's my advice: I know this isn't a very popular opinion, but I don't like minoxidil or any topical other than shampoo that you'd use in the shower. It doesn't attack the root (ha puns) of the problem. Finasteride does a better job of that. If you're in the US, the best way to get it is this: get a prescription from a doctor and fill it at Walmart for $9 for 30 5mg finasteride. Get a pill cutter and cut it into quarters and take 1.25 mg/day. It's super super super cheap that way, and it's working out well for me. But again, that's only if you feel you need to do something about it. If it doesn't get worse, it doesn't look bad at all. Just a strong cowlick. But if you start to notice more thinning back there, I'd consider finasteride. If anything, finasteride has taken all of the stress off of me knowing that I'm at least doing something about it. And sometimes the worry is really the worst.

Hope that rambling helps. Cheers.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you see any miniaturization from those photos? This kids going to have a panic attack from all these replies when he probably has no hair loss whatsoever.

It's hard to say, but it looks thin coming out from the cow lick. I also told him not to worry about it. It's worth keeping an eye on, nothing more.

Zarko

Reaction score
LOL. This ain't balding, kid. Start a regime and in the meantime about two squirts of Topix should fill in that tiny crown spot. Nothing to freak out over.