Am considering buying Lasercomb

gnome

Reaction score
If you're going to buy a laser-comb, don't buy hairmax. It's one laser split up into 6, it's an over-priced plastic thing. It costs them approximately 20 dollars or so to make in raw material and they charge 600 dollars for it.

I bought mine for 90 bucks from amazing laserbrush and he was great with all my questions, prior and after purchase. He's also very knowledgable about laser in general and has a very no-nonsense attitude. I was skeptical at first, but my budget forced me to try the "cheaper" one. It has 6 individual lasers and beside looking totally ghetto, it seems by design far superior to the hairmax one. The frequency is apparently the same in both.

Been using it going on my fifth month now. After about 2 months of use I saw that the sides of my head where I already had some very faint regrowth sprung out about three times as much hair. It's still not enough not be dense and call it a new hairline, but there's definately hair there and new ones coming in every week pretty much. I've also been able to spot a lot of extremly thin new hairs in my scalp if I look at it sideways in a certain light, this was something I first noticed in month 3 as very faint stubble. Now, in month 5, they're about half a cm so obviously grow very slowly and they're not terminal hair. However, a lot, about a third I would say, of the hair that was growing in my temple and was whispy turned terminal through the laserbrush. Since I used nothing beside proscar before introducing the comb I'm pretty confident it's responsible for it.

I am still losing hair in the temples above this new hairgrowth, something that's just puzzling and adequately confirms that we don't know everything to know about hairloss. I keep thinning out in a general patchy way on the temples and my hairline is much more receeded than I want it. There is a chance this might change as I've only used the brush for 5 months and I can see new hairgrowth mostly in the crown and at the temples below my actual hairline. I hope I have growth above my hairline too as it's impossible for me to see since there are new hairs coming out below it.

I read some study somewhere that said it overall was the most efficient method of fighting hairloss beside propecia, that and the low price tipped me into using it. Regardless if it regrows a bunch of hair, by far the biggest draw for me sofar has been that I used to be a receeder and a thinner and now I'm just a receeder. My hair has always been of very fine quality, I have very blonde hair and I've always envyed people with brown/dark hair for their texture. After about month 4 I noticed one day that all the hair I had lasered for about every other/third day for 15 minutes had turned, in texture, identical to the hair on my side, effectively making them look at the very least twice as thick.
Last time I cut my hair was in december and I got such a shock that I felt a panic attack coming, wondering if I would start crying. When the hair-dresser wet my hair down I looked like an old man, all top-hair turned invisible, like I was completly bald.
So I kept my hair super-long until I cut it last week. Contemplating if I should ask her to shave it off I now saw that even when she completly wet down my hair till it was completly soaked, it would not even cling that much to my head. It's alittle hard to explain, but basically it looked and behaved like really thick fur.
So just for a cosmetic effect, the laser has been the best thing I've done to my hairloss, it's given me a texture I just didn't have and has never had. Well, I might have had it when I was about 10 looking back on photographs.

I warmly recommend laser-therapy, especially if the existing hair you have is very thin in texture. So far I can't vouch for how much it regrows. Judging from what I can see on myself, I'd say it's atleast as good as propecia. The hair on temple stayed the same for about 8 months and when I introduced the laser it took about a month or two for the old ones to hop into full bloom. It's way too early for me to give the final verdict, but so far - very good. Even though I probably have as much hair as I had 4-5 months ago, I appear to have about twice as much because each individual hair is that much thicker.

Styling my hair is also very easy now. Looking back (before I acknowledged I had a hairloss problem) I would have one or two good hair days a week and the rest bad ones. I had to shampoo my hair and then briskly dry it before I could style it (essentially charge it with electricity) or else it would just look floppy. Now each hair is strong enough to support itself and apart from not having enough hair, and having much too high of a hairline, from the hair that I actually have, I have no bad hair days. It's always thick and shapeable and it's gotten a very distinct shine to it. It basically looks very healthy, which in part makes me annoyed at the shampoo commercials who promise the skies but deliver nothing. I've tried a shitload of shampoos and they do NOTHING.
The best combination so far has been long-time use of the laser and nizoral, which I introduced about 3 weeks ago, which for some reason adds to the overall effect by making my hair super-soft. By contrast to what it was about 6 months ago, it's crazy soft and thick to the touch, it feels like petting a cat. And that's a good thing.

So, I think I've made the point pretty clear. Definately buy it if you feel you're in the same situation I was. It's possible you could even have great results on the hairline itself, it's apparently notoriously hard to grow. I don't agree that the laser is not a lasting effect. It seems people who claim that has not really tried and stuck with the laser. If you use it every-other day for 15-20 minutes you should start feeling a difference in texture in about a month, approximately. If you've ever massaged your scalp and noticed that the hair appears slightly thicker and stronger, that you've gotten some extra volume, that's basically what the laser does. Cept when you massage your scalp that effect goes away after half an hour and with the laser it stays like that pretty much forever. To me that's proof that it does more than just increase blood-flow to the scalp.

I'd buy it from the amazing laserbrush guy. He's nice, knowledgable and has a business philosophy I like - everyone should be able to buy it. The cheapest one is 4 lasers for 40 bucks that you assemble yourself.
My only regret with my purchase is that I cheaped out and got the 6 laser one and not the 8 laser brush. Anything to cut down brushing time is great. The brushing procedure will get old very fast, I feel a tennis-elbow coming.

Just don't ever buy from hairmax. It seems to be an inferior product priced at an incredible mark-up.

Withnail

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice comprehensive response.

Glad you've found something that works for you Gnome!

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
so the infamous "90 days wait" for a response from the FDA came and went and guess what - surprise surprise the FDA couldnt approve it but had more questions (prompting yet another 90 day cycle to begin -are you starting to see a pattern here guys) - which naturally in the interests of confidentiality Lexington cannot divulge.

I had decided to give up on this wild goose chase of trying to confirm the truth behind all these claims. However with one last throw of the dice I have yet again e-mailed the FDA to confirm or deny if this communication actually took place rather then asking for any details - I bet the response will be as shabby as before but I think its worth one last shot.