Alvi Armani

Den22

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been thinking of a transplant for a while now and I am really trying to do my research on Armani as I gather his techniques are leading the industry. I will use FUE and would really appreciate any feedback or knowledge anyone has. I really admire you guys who have done it as it really is a big decision and I am really worried about it not working. My questions would include:-

1. Scarring post surgery - How long before the scars are healed so no one would notice REALLY!
2. Shock loss and permanent damage to existing hair?
3. Growth success - how long before you see results?
4. Other patients comments - He must have some failures as well as successes?

Thanks so very much

Trepidation

Reaction score
Hey mate, right before we can help you.......you'll need to asnwer a feq questions:

1/ How old are you?
2/ Are you on meds?
3/ What Norwood level are you?

As for Armani, I believe he no longer does FUE (please correct me if I'm wrong) but after his accident he's kinda put it on the backburner.

To answer your questions (I've not had FUE yet, merely researching it for repair), but after all my research I would say:

1/ it very much depends on your healing characterisitcs. Dr Cole has shown some good results with his new hair cycle products. For a ballpark figure I'd say 2 weeks off work as long as you can comb over hair to cover the hair transplant.

2/ Shockloss depends on the surgeon quality. The lateral slit technique apparently creates less shockloss and as long as hairs aren't placed too close to existing hairs then you should be ok. Hair that is dying might suffer from shockloss and willnot grow back but if your on propecia etc this should help.

3/ Growth should start around month 4, should start seeing results about month 8 with full growth about months 12-15.

4/ Wouldn't like to comment here because I'm not a patient of his and whatever other patients have experienced it doesn't mean that you will/will not have similar results.

Good luck.

Den22

Reaction score
Trepidation,

Thanks for your reply. I am:-

1. 39 years old but in good shape

2. I take Proscar 1mg per day and have done for 8 years with amazing effect however during the last 2 years I have steadily been increasing hair loss (I think I have become tolerent to the drug) so started xandrox 15% (minoxidil from Dr Lees) and 2% spironolactone

3. I am a between a Norwood II and III

What accident did Armani have that stopped him doing FUE?

Cheers

Den22

Reaction score
Whatever happened to Keness

By the way does anyone Know what happened to Keness. He posted great pictures and a superb step by step account of his armani transplant and then vanished into thin air!

Trepidation

Reaction score
I believe he had a car accident or something (don't quote me on that), but nothing to do with surgery so don't worry. Anyway FUE requires a steady hand a mucho concentration and I think after the accident he wasn't feeling up to it.