alvi-armani or Dr paul cotteril

G

Both of these people are highly recommaned in Toronto any one have any info on then.

G

umm

yes i have read both of there site and what i wanted to know if any one new first hand anything about either of them.

any one can say anything they want about them slelfs on there own website

curetheloss

Reaction score
I don't know if I can post about another site on here but HLH has a lot more posts on transplants. Everyone says armani is too aggressive at fixing hairlines and is not thinking about years down the line. check out the site if possible.
curetheloss

G

curetheloss said:
i here Everyone says armani is too aggressive at fixing hairlines and is not thinking about years down the line. check out the site if possible.
curetheloss

Yes that is what i thought after meeting with and i was not happy with what suggested as a fix.

Dr. Cotteril was given to me on here and i have been very happy with him so far, he has been nothing but helpful to me.

finallyhair

Reaction score
Exactly what does too aggressive mean anyway.
If what you mean is that he lets his patients push his skill to the limit then yes, I think you are right in saying that he is aggresive.
Unbelievable if you ask me. You couldn't name anyone else on the globe that could implant 150 follicular units in a square cm. Especially at one time. Anyone in the world could make anyone look good given enough surgeries. Trick is doing it after 1 surgery.
And what is this postage stamp stuff I'm hearing. Who wants a surgery the size of a postage stamp. I think all of our heads are slightly bigger than a postage stamp, don't you. Why not have 2000 FUE at one time. If the gripe is about money then move over and let the real men have their surgery and let the youngsters get jobs. Half of the people complaining about cost havent been working for more than 5 yrs. It costs to look good and have the best work on you. If you are just trying to cut your budget then look to do it elsewhere or just keep your mouth shut when it's time to complain about the Dr. that "saved you so much money. "

fifty

Established Member
Reaction score
Never heard of Paul Cotterill. When you look at his website, he is doing strip, not FUE and charging by hair not grafts. Alvi-Armani does strip and charges $4/graft (a graft is 1 to 4 hairs).

I've had a transplant by AlviArmani. http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/fifty

I wouldn't recommend Cotterill...if he was good I would have heard of him. Some good reliable doctors to look at are Hasson&Wong, Shapiro, Cole, Wolf, Feller, AlviArmani, Seager(in Toronto also). Don't let location determine what Doctor you go to. Go for the best results regardless of location.

G

fifty said:
Never heard of Paul Cotterill. When you look at his website, he is doing strip, not FUE and charging by hair not grafts. Alvi-Armani does strip and charges $4/graft (a graft is 1 to 4 hairs).

I've had a transplant by AlviArmani. http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/fifty

I wouldn't recommend Cotterill...if he was good I would have heard of him. Some good reliable doctors to look at are Hasson&Wong, Shapiro, Cole, Wolf, Feller, AlviArmani, Seager(in Toronto also). Don't let location determine what Doctor you go to. Go for the best results regardless of location.

I found him here http://www.ishrs.org/doctor-search/bio.php?RegID=36947

and after meeting him and people he had worked on i was happy.

I took my Consultation book and surgical plan that I got from dr AlviArmani to 3 other dr's to see if they would do the same work. All 3 said no way and that it would be a huge mistake for me to do the procedure he had proposed at my age. One of the Dr was Seager, I am not saying anything bad about AlviArmani just what my experience was.

Dr. Cotterill would not do the same procedure he said it was a bad idea at my age, he did everything he could to talk me out of doing any work but also suggested a much less aggressive operation if I would not change my mind.

After a lot of research i am very happy with him and my choice to use him when the time comes.

I do thank you for your feed back

finallyhair

Reaction score
I am not saying anything against any other surgeon but Dr. Armani will do a procedure that most Dr's can't do. So, when others are asked about their opinion they will usually act as if it is either impossible or it's a bad idea.
Fact is that no one is creating anywhere close to this density in a single session. He is aggressive and he's at the top of his field. I predict that Dr's down the road will be performing these procedures because of the greater demand of the patient. When this happens the new standards in hair transplant will be raised yet again. Thank you and I mean no disrespect.

G

None taken i need to hear what other people think so i can make a good call for myself i am grateful for you feed back. I agree with you i think his work is grate just not for me yet down the road maybe but not yet.

fifty

Established Member
Reaction score
jkriley, your hair looks to be in good shape. I wouldn't recommend a transplant for you either. If you saw some of Cotterill's work and were happy then that's good. But remember, just because a Doctor is a member of ISHRS doesn't automatically mean he's good. I would tend to agree with the other docs in that Armani's plan is usually too agressive especially in your case.

Petchsky

Reaction score
JK - Your hiar looks good to me, but if they allow you to go ahead and have a transplant then i'm sure they will me too. How many grafts you looking at? I'm wanting 500 FUE in the front and crown. I'm in England though and we only have ONE doctor that does FUE, although he has a really good reputation.

Fifty, your 7 month pic looks amazing! your hairline and hair quality is just perfect.

G

All I want is to have my hair line reinforced as I think it will help me feel better about my hair.

I am getting 1500 done

ropcat

Established Member
Reaction score
I looked at your website; nice pics. But I'm curious as to why you switched from using Proscar to the more expensive Propecia. (Sorry to get off topic for the thread.)

G

I felt better taking what was tested and my dermatogens preferred it as well.
It may have been the timing but my shedding lowed right down after the switch.