Alvi Armani call

sadhairloss

Reaction score
Hi all,

I gave Jeff, the guy with the long hair at Alvi Armani a call today. He gave me an estimate of around 4000 grafts in one session. He never asked about if I was on propecia or not and did not comment on my pattern too much either. I am diffuse and I was expecting some scrutiny.

He quoted a 14000 and is willing to negotiate further.

What do u guys think?

Thanks

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Just from that, it sounds a little dodgy. Did you send pictures, or just talk on the phone?

They're very reputable, so I don't know if they'd screw you over.

jeffsss

Reaction score
I don't see how it's possible for them to accuratly give you an estimate without seeing your head or donor density or anything.

I'd want to sit and talk to the Doctor before hand.

4000 graphs is A LOT !!

14000 seems like a bargain

sadhairloss

Reaction score
I sent them around 20 pictures of my entire scalp. I had oily hair and the hair looks pretty less compared to normal density. He judged it from there. I will be seeing him on this upcoming seminar in San Francisco.

Let see what he says.

teacher

Reaction score
sounds spruiky..check his resume..probably sells a few second hand cars as well

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
teacher said:
sounds spruiky..check his resume..probably sells a few second hand cars as well

Lol i had work done by alvia armani this month and he is top notch, i saw many of his patients that had work done years ago and they looked AMAZING. I give this procedure with him an A++.. I cant wait for my new hairline to grow in.

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
sadhairloss said:
Hi all,

I gave Jeff, the guy with the long hair at Alvi Armani a call today. He gave me an estimate of around 4000 grafts in one session. He never asked about if I was on propecia or not and did not comment on my pattern too much either. I am diffuse and I was expecting some scrutiny.

He quoted a 14000 and is willing to negotiate further.

What do u guys think?

Thanks

Jeff will give you estimates but if you want the Doctor to look at your pics and consult with you he will just tell Jeff you want that done. The Doctor does talk to you about propecia and rogaine when you are there as well.

If you take a cancellation date you can save a good amount but it all depends on how flexible you are.

TOMOMASTA

Reaction score
Be carefull with Alvi, he constantly works on very young patients who are questionable wehterh to do surgery on them as far as donror supply... He has given alot of young guys very agressive graft counts at thes young ages... I would get a second opinion beforegoing to Armani, and see what other docs say who are a bit more conservative with hairlines and such... If you are young, you are going to have to take into account furhter loss in the future which may be rapid in some individuals....He is a decent surgeon, but his ethics questionable when it comes to surgery... I have seen whats seems to be alot of slick marketing tricks that he is quoted on his site..... Be carefull when chossing srugery cause it is FOR LIFE.... Cole, Feller, and Wolf are my top choices for young guys because they are more experienced with FUE, which what most young guys should go for to test the waters with surgery... Sure Armani does a good job, but transplants are a question of "supply and demand" and Armani is not on this same page whatsoever.... Too aggressive surgeone IMO... I would choose Coel and Wolf in a heartbeat over Armani...

TOMOMASTA

Reaction score
sadhairloss said:
thanks Tom,

what do you think about the cost associated with Cole and feller?
how much do they charge..
I believe Cole charges $7 per graft for FIT/FUE and Feller charges $10 per graft... Wolf charges *-9 per graft but price drops with the more grafts needed.. Check out http://www.wolfhair.com i think thats his site.... Wolf and Cole are abou the best hairlnies surgeons ou there IMO... Cole is a bit more experienced with FUE/FIT than both Feller and Wolf... Eighter way, you cant go wrong with these guys, so the choice may just come down to price and distance...

epiphone

Reaction score
Armani HAir Lines, JUst had one done

All this talk of Armani using young models and dense hairlines has prompted me to give my 2 cents worth.
I had a 3700 fuss procedure with him last week, and everything went really well. He did not try and talk me into a hairline of a 25yr old, ( I am 45). He suggested an age appropriate hair line that way conserving hair for a later session if I desired. He did close the temple angles, (which by the way only use a couple of hundred grafts. The botttom line is , do the research talk to different surgeons , no 2 heads or hairlines are alike,

Im Happy

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Re: Armani HAir Lines, JUst had one done

epiphone said:
All this talk of Armani using young models and dense hairlines has prompted me to give my 2 cents worth.
I had a 3700 fuss procedure with him last week, and everything went really well. He did not try and talk me into a hairline of a 25yr old, ( I am 45). He suggested an age appropriate hair line that way conserving hair for a later session if I desired. He did close the temple angles, (which by the way only use a couple of hundred grafts. The botttom line is , do the research talk to different surgeons , no 2 heads or hairlines are alike,

Im Happy

Do you have photos? Sounds like you're going to have great regrowth!! I can't believe they can put 3700 in one session! I bet you were swollen.

What Norwood are you?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Tom

I have read many of your posts from HHH and here and you seem to have a problem with ARmani. I dont know why. Do you have any idea what goes on between the patient and Dr Armani when they discuss thier plan for the hair transplant? No. How could you. The dr like all plastic surgeons makes a recommendation but sometimes the patients want or know what they want from the start and then Doctor says what he has to and they come to some agreement. Even if he plants 3500 in the front and frames the face, many will be able to get coverage down the road or stay on the meds or get lucky and HM goes mainstream. Dont you think framing the face is better than having a weird thin hairline and still look balding?? Many people do, its oversimplified to say the least.

Think of plastic surgeons who do boob jobs, the dr recommends 34c and the pt says no no no i want a 36 c and so on and they get it.

I mean you really cant bash him b/c you dont know what really goes on in the patient/Doctor meeting and you really dont know anything about thier individual donor characteristics either. So why make these pointless statements? Its all nonesense started on other forums out of jealousy and greed.

Peace

epiphone

Reaction score
Hey Lookingood

Thankyou for putting this in a nutshell, it all depends on what the patient desires coupled with what the doctor states he can acheive. I find most
of the posters on here who criticize doctors or methods are guys who havent even had any work done. Having said that it is a scary venture at first. Again dod the research meet past clients....etc.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the biggest problem I have w these forums is that it's sometimes a place where these miserable people try to impose thier thought process on others. I mean get a grip, you're not helping anyone with that mindset!

Peace

soccerguy11

Reaction score
my friend recently over 4000 grafts from armani and hes only 19 or 20. I think the results look good so far, its only been a few months, but its also worrysome. Im 20 and looking into surgery and most surgeons reject me straight up bc of my age, which is annoying but also admirable

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I recently had a procedure with Alvi Armani.

I didn't like the hairline he gave me, i spent the next two days pulling out hairs with a tweezer. One side was too low. He thought it looked "really good". Well i pulled out too many hairs so i will have to get some more plugs in about a year and i will not be going back there. Although on one side he didn't even fill it it nicely so i would prolly need some more plugs anyhow. He did a good job with the FUSS scar though, so he didn't butcher me or anything.

There is shock loss on both sides of my head where the strip was made. He used staples, and for whatever reason made this extra long strip on my head, when i got 2500 hairs transplanted. (And i question whether that many went in...i really wasn't receeding that much at all.)

Anyhow, I wouldn't recommend Armani. I had the hiccups and he told me to "hurry up" when getting rid of them. (You do this by drinking out of a glass backwards, by the way.)

I also experienced shock loss in the transplanted area. But that's normal. Sorry I don't have pics.

BTW, it cost 7700 Cdn dollars.