Alternatives to propecia?

nydheart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just looking for some info from those of you that use a DHT inhibitor other than propecia. I have been in finpecia for 6 months now and I am almost certain it is starting to give me gyno. I noticed itchy nipples first that started about 3 months ago. This has continued on and off combined with pain in my chest area and underneath my armpits, also occuring on and off. It is unfortunate because I am having good results so far with finpecia.

Anyways just wondering if anyone using the new flutagel or any other alternative treatments to finasteride could help a brother out with some insight. Thanks!

BARCA

Established Member
Reaction score
thats really bad news...I started finasteride 2 days ago..I hope I dont get any sides.....u could use revivogen..they say it blocks dht

nydheart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the replies guys. That looks like an interesting product. There was also another product I had seen before called Diindolylmethane or DIM for short. It is a product used to metabolize the "bad" estrogens in your body. Sounds very interesting. Perhaps this could be the answer to the problem for those who do suffer from gyno and other estrogen related symptoms like increased weight gain etc. Any of you on these fourms using any types of products like this?

The other option I suppose are products like arimidex but I don't want to be using more drugs at this point in time. Thanks again!

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score
also take a look at http://www.primordialperformance.com/de ... _intro.cfm

I want to stress I have NO experience with this as of yet. I have ordered some of their other products for the purposes of my gym work, but I have heard good things about this company on the anabolicminds forum.

Might be worth a try though, especially if you are into working out as well. The only downside is it's going to end up at 60 bucks a month (plus shipping, although i imagine you'd want to order a few at a time) which i could see easily being too expensive for some. If you do end up trying it, let me know how you get on - I'm definately interested in experiences with it.

Obviously though I'm no Doctor! Ultimately you have to decide for yourself what course of action you're going to take. If you have a script with your Doctor for the propecia it might be worth going to see him about it.

bubka

Reaction score
Dutasteride is your only other real option, although you could experience the same sides.

Usually pain in the breast / nipple is associated with gyno

nydheart

Established Member
Reaction score
Bubka, have you read where people with sypmtoms on finasteride switched to dutasteride with no ill effect? I would think that because they both do the same thing that the outcome would also be the same for sides..

I am currently downscaling my intake of finasteride to 0.25mg every 2-3 days and I guess I will eventually have to come off it all together. Sucks *** but what are you gonna do? I don't mind using topicals as a substitute to finasteride but by the looks of what I read there are none that actually prove effective :dunno:

bubka

Reaction score
nydheart said:
Bubka, have you read where people with sypmtoms on finasteride switched to dutasteride with no ill effect? I would think that because they both do the same thing that the outcome would also be the same for sides..

I am currently downscaling my intake of finasteride to 0.25mg every 2-3 days and I guess I will eventually have to come off it all together. Sucks *** but what are you gonna do? I don't mind using topicals as a substitute to finasteride but by the looks of what I read there are none that actually prove effective :dunno:
Yeah, but all anecdotal, I believe is the clinical trials they were about the same < 2%