Alternative Liquid Minoxidil With No Pg? Any Experiences?

Fredie2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using liquid Mixoidil for about 35 to 36 years from my very early 20s. I was getting slight receding, my father lost his hair and Rogaine had just come out. It was not relatively cheap then but I have been using it daily for all these years mainly at night. I have missed maybe 3 or 4 days in all those years.

My problem is my scalp cannot take it anymore. It is dermatitis or folliculitis or something. In Florida it is awful, in Colorado not as bad. I am guessing it is the propylene glycol or PG. The foam does not react and cause as many problems. I use Stephen the Scottish guy on youtube's onion, garlic, apple cider vinegar and a small amount of olive oil hair growth mix to heal the breakouts. I am not sure I can get his regrowth results.

I have switched to the foam just recently but I am not sure it will work as well. I can heat it up and liquefy it and use a dropper.

Has anyone used the other brands of liquid Minoxidil without PG? There are about 3 companies out there. I have also taken up derma rolling. My hair coverage is fine but the front with age is not holding the line. Thanks.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wooow congratulations

Whats is your experience with minoxidil all this years....keeps all your hair since young age?

You have used other treatments beside minoxidil?

Fredie2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wooow congratulations

Whats is your experience with minoxidil all this years....keeps all your hair since young age?

You have used other treatments beside minoxidil?

Yes. I am 57 now and the front is keeping up but starting to weaken. Just 5% minoxidil. I am starting to dermaroll.
I am looking at adding other things. I considered Stephen on youtube with his onion, garlic, apple cider vinegar plus a little olive oil. He totally quit minoxidil. My issues is the propylene glycol (PG) irritates my scalp in liquid minoxidil. I am switching to the foam but may try the liquid without the PG.

When it first came out it was only 2% for a few years. I started using is around 21 because I started to see my hairline might be receding just a little. Stayed with it for all these years. In 35+ years I missed maybe 3 to 4 days but besides those days it was every night.
One issue for me was I used it mainly on the front and it kept the front good but the back or crown would grow really fast.