Alternating finasteride dosage

Plan C

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question - I'm pretty poor at splitting up my 5mg Proscar tablets; sometimes I split them into 5 1mg bits and sometimes into 4 1.25mg bits. The bits are never the exact same sizes as each other. I take one at the same time everyday. Will my inability to split them accurately hinder progress at all?

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From all the reading i've done I can say within 99.9% certainty that it will not matter at all. Right out of an ncbi study:
[FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]"Scalp skin DHT levels declined significantly by 13.0% with placebo and by 14.9%, 61.6%, 56. 5%, 64.1%, and 69.4% with 0.01, 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg doses of finasteride, respectively. Serum DHT levels declined significantly (P <.001) by 49.5%, 68.6%, 71.4%, and 72.2% in the 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg finasteride treatment groups, respectively".[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]As the science shows, any dose >0.5mg suppressers a pretty good amount of DHT in the scalp. Don't worry about it, keep up with the treatment and best of luck. Cheers.[/FONT]​